Role of FD / CFO

Hi all,

I have recently accepted a new job which was advertised as an accounts office manager. I was quite comfortable with taking on this role as have had ten years experience in this position with another company. However, after accepting and attending a second meeting with them the role seems to have developed and it seems to me like they are looking to me to fulfil the role of a FD/CFO as they want me to monitor KPI's and implement strategies across the company to ensure other departments meet targets etc.....

Can anyone shed some light on what the actual role of FD/CFO involves?

I'm a bit overwhelmed by the job now and worried that maybe they will be expecting a lot more out of me than perhaps I am capable of. I am a full member of the AAT and part ACCA qualified. I enjoy a challenge and am looking forward to this exciting new role but am looking for someone to perhaps act as a mentor that I can turn to for advice should it be needed.......

Many thanks

Comments

• sshah249
    sshah249 Registered Posts: 1
    Hi Emma,

I am ACCA finalist and have over 20 years of experience as an Accountant. The last 10 years as senior financial controller. Please do get in touch if I can help. my e-mail is sshah249@yahoo.co.uk
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I am currently the FC for a SME trading in import/export. My role involves day-to-day management of the accounts department, FX dealings, presenting cost and tax saving initiatives to my directors, monthly/quarterly presentation of management accounts... if you are AAT qualified and part-qualified ACCA this will be nothing you can't handle. Go for it!
Privacy Policy