ACPR Exam

amurray
amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi All,

Due to take my ACPR resit in a couple of weeks. Didn't quite pass, made some silly mistakes. Really annoying when I got home I did the AAT sample assessments and passed as Competent.

Did anyone else find this area quite hard? & If so any techniques to remember any key areas?

Any tips appreciated.

Rgds.
MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
Completed AAT in March 2020

Comments

• RobClarke
    RobClarke Registered Posts: 820
    What areas did you struggle with when you failed?

I sat this last week and found it as expected. However the fail % in the group was the highest for an exam that I have known. Most seemed to struggle with accruals and prepayments?
  • matthew keating
    matthew keating Registered Posts: 14 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi Andy

I have failed this twice now and i think its down to accruals and prepayments.

any advice would be great from anyone.

cheers
  • amurray
    Hi Rob, Really the Accruals & Prepayments area that tripped me up, its how the question was worded really confused me. Only other area was ETB (Which I have now rectified - made a silly mistake) which ofcourse affected all my figures.

Hi Matt, Hope your well! - Hardest part for me is also Accruals & Prepayments. Don't understand why I work on these every month end at work, think its how I interpret the question. I have to say the AAT Sample assessments are good practice, I've been working on these this week.

Cheers.
  • RobClarke
    Accruals & Prepayments tripped up most in my group that failed this one the other week. If you are still struggling I do have a power-point presentation on this for expense accounts that I can email you if required. Those in my group that borrowed it have said it helped?
  • amurray
    Hi Rob,

Thanks very much that would be most helpful, I will PM you my Email address.

Cheers!
  • RobClarke
    Email sent
    amurray wrote: »
    Hi Rob,

Cheers!
  • RobClarke
    amurray wrote: »
    Hi Rob,

Cheers!
  • amurray
    Thanks Rob!
  • carlie1990
    carlie1990 Registered Posts: 5
    I have my exam re take for this tomorrow I have failed it twice now im so worried and scared!

I have done 6 different aat sample assessments and I am competent on all of them just got to hope for the best!!

any advice would be great

Thanks

• ariadne
    ariadne Registered Posts: 218
    Have you watched the video that's on MyAAT about accruals and prepayments? There are other videos on YouTube too. That topic is one that I find much trickier than other bits in the module so far. Writing out the entries is helping, plus it helps to visualise how the money is treated, use a timeline and write out how you understand it and how that translates to the accounting method in the question.

Good luck tomorrow and let us know how it goes and how it compared to those practice tests.
  • ariadne
    ariadne Registered Posts: 218
    How did it go?
  • lornahill
    lornahill Registered Posts: 6
    Im in the same situation, sat the exam three times and failed but passed the practice exams, far too expensive for what it is!
  • amurray
    I found the resources on the AAT website a real help, GreenLight tests and practice assessments.

Good luck for your exam :).. There is a light at the end of the tunnel (Somewhere!) :)
  • j1994
    j1994 Registered Posts: 106
    Please help with aat sample assesment 2Acounts prep aq2013 task 3 ?
  • lornahill
    This question is quite simple, Firstly 1st April X6 will be prepaid expenses b/d of £2100 as this is an expense account, Accrued expenses are always on the debit side so the general expenses account will show a debit entry of accrued expenses carried down of £1350, For section C you need to add all of the entries together are they are all debit entries which gives you a balance of £16250. The vehicle running expenses account in part D will have a debit entry titled 'Bank' for £23,700 and lastly the amount to be transferred to P&L for vehicle running expenses will be £125 less than the figure carried down on D because 375 divded by 3 is £125 which is from the month of April which should not be included.
  • j1994
    null
    Thankyou so much!
  • j1994
    But why is it less than figure carried down?
  • lornahill
    because in the question it reads that £375 is included in the amount in the expense account but don't need April.
  • j1994
    So its a prepayment?
  • lornahill
    Not in this question, whatever you do to one side you need to do to the other
  • fayedol
    fayedol Registered Posts: 4
    i cant seem to even get onto the sample assessment my tutor said press F11 but its not working for me help
  • lornahill
    There should be a toolbar at the top of the page and on the right hand side there should be a dropdown menu which has the f11 option but you can click on it
  • j1994
    Can someone help me with aat sample assesment 1 2013 task 1 motor veichles . And aat sample assesment 2 2013 task 1 reception desk? Pleeeeeease anguished:
  • j1994
    Where can i find sample asseements from 2010 for acpr not on website?
Privacy Policy