Professional Ethics Level 3 AQ2013 - 2 Fails

Hi everyone !

I am currently studying the Professional ethics level 3 AQ2013 with the Osborne books.

I use the tutorial and the workbook. But no matter what, I failed twice.

My learning provider told me that they recently changed the way the assessment was done.

My book is from March 2014, do you think it is out of date ?

Could anyone please give me some advice on this ?

I have seen that BPP provide a workbook (contains both the knowledge and practice materials), would this be enough ?

Thanks and good luck !

Kind regards,

Philippe

Comments

• AMG
    AMG Registered Posts: 4
    Hi there,

I've recently passed my Professional Ethics exam and I was using BPP workbook. I have never used Osborne's books so can't comment on those but it seemed that BPP one was enough for me to pass first time.
  • PhilippeEv
    PhilippeEv Registered Posts: 6
    Hi AMG,

Thanks for replying.

Could you tell me when you passed your assessment ?
  • ariadne
    ariadne Registered Posts: 218
    This assessment changed for the 2013 syllabus which came in around September 2013, although first assessments may have been a few months later. March 2014 publications should be up to date. Have you used as much of the online resources and practice questions as possible and have you received feedback on your written answers from your tutor, your tutor really needs to support you on how to answer the questions. There may be a knack to it which you have been taught. Getting another book or workbook is good but the feedback on your answers is key for this type of assessment.
  • PhilippeEv
    Hi Ariadne,

I am doing self-study so I don't have a tutor.

My training provider has asked for a detailed assessor report but I'm still awaiting on this.

I have been told that the assessment changed in some ways a few months ago. Not sure of this is reliable but it came from an provider.

Is there any way I can have a tutor for one assessment only ?

Thanks
    Phil
  • ariadne
    You have a provider but no tutor support? I've not heard of that before, it sounds like a rubbish deal. I'm self studying and have no provider, just the books, except I bought the spreadsheet module with the most basic deal from Kaplan, I couldn't do it self study because the exam is marked by a tutor working for the provider. I thought the ethics project would be similar but it sounds like it's marked by AAT. With Kaplan I could contact a tutor if I needed support and would expect them to assist if I was having problems and definitely if I failed an exam. In your position I would be tempted to sign up to a provider who does offer support, email or phone. You can buy just one module, it's not cheap but paying for the exams isn't cheap either. I didn't use Kaplan tutor support in the end so can't recommend them for this aspect but I do know it is available and the online resources are good. BPP seem popular too and offer tutor support and online resources. Both are big companies so probably have a few available tutors at any one time. I don't think you are alone in struggling on this exam when studying without support.
  • PhilippeEv
    Hi Ariadne,

What I mean is that I have a place where I do my assessment. I may have miscalled this as my training provider. I bought the books only and book my assessment when I'm ready.

I have done all level 2 and 3 assessment (apart this one) with good score and now I am failing with a big margin.

I really believe that Osborne books are not working for me but who knows ...

• ariadne
    Ah ok, I was wondering who the provider was to ensure I avoided them in future! I'd definitely go for buying the module. I'm sure it was about £125 ish plus the exam fee for my spreadsheets module. Kaplan have an online area with extra tests and you use it to contact the tutor too. It's well worth getting tutor support for the professional guidance. I imagine they would be able to provide extra practice questions and feedback too. I was told there may be companies who provide revision workshops, perhaps BPP, this may be another option and cheaper than the whole module. Good luck.
  • PhilippeEv
    Thanks for you advice.

I will have a look around before making a decision.

The option of buying the BPP book sound a lot more cost effective :smile:

Will see !
  • AMG
    AMG Registered Posts: 4
    Hi PhilippeEv,

I sat my exam at the end of September 14 and got my results at the beginning of November.

To get myself ready for the exam I read the BPP workbook, did the question bank and went through all e-learning and sample assessment on AAT website.

Hope that helps.
  • PhilippeEv
    Hi AMG,

Yes thanks it helps a lot, I think I'll get the BPP book and see how it is.
Privacy Policy