Voluntary work

Nps
Nps Registered Posts: 782
Is there anyone in the Thames Valley area looking for some voluntary Treasurer work to beef up a CV? It is fairly basic stuff but for a well known national charity so looks good if you need some initial experience. I've done it for about 2 years now but I just have too much on my plate now and want to concentrate on other things. I don't want to give it up until I know there is someone I can hand the reigns over to. It doesn't take up much time and Head Office is staffed by chartered accountants so you're never on your own.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Comments

• Nps
    Anyone?
  • StuartW
    StuartW Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi @Nps - we'll share this on Twitter and LinkedIn for you and see if that generates any responses.
  • Nps
    Thank you. I'm always reading about people worrying about having no experience so this is ideal for them. I took it on for that exact reason and it was invaluable on my CV in the early days.
  • shay
    shay Registered Posts: 1
    Hi

I am a fully AAT qualified. However every time i apply for a trainee AAT jobs nobody wants to know as i haven't gained any working experience so far. ANY ADVICE

thank you
  • sashalousmith
    sashalousmith Registered Posts: 23
    Nps said:

Anyone?

I am interested but please can you let me know where about in Thames Valley it is to see if this is commutable for me. Thanks!

AAT Level 2 :)
    PBKT Nov 14
    CJBS Dec 14
    WKAF Jan 15
    CJBS Feb 15
    CPAG - Studying!
  • Nps
    Hi, meetings are held in Kidlington but I personally don't attend them as they are too far for me to travel to. But they pay all expenses and provide a nice lunch if I am able to go. It's basically all done via email and post. I only specify Thames Valley area as very occasionally the chairman might need to drop paperwork off to me, but he travels all over the region.
  • Nps
    Shay,

I appreciate that this is only a forum so possibly not a fair representation of how you'd write CV's/letters etc, but there are numerous mistakes in your very short post. There is a lot of competition out there, so the first thing I'd suggest, it ensuring that your CV and covering letter are absolutely 100% free of errors. Missing words, incorrect grammar etc will be noticed straight away by potential employers. I don't mean to sound critical but you asked for advice so I thought it was worth mentioning.

But, of course, as this thread alludes to, most people struggle without experience which is why voluntary work is a good option to begin with.
  • ajleighto
    ajleighto Registered Posts: 8
    I've been unemployed for 10 days, am AAT qualified, live 1 mile away from Kidlington Oxfordshire UK and need a part-time voluntary opportunity like this.
  • Nps
    Sorry there has been such a delay but if either of you are still interested in this role (or anyone else), it's all ready to hand over now. I'd just need an email address so that the Chairman can contact you. The charity is Crimestoppers and they have a central accounting team so there is plenty of support if needed.
  • Chalming
    Chalming Registered Posts: 1
    Has this position now gone, Nps?
  • Nps
    Hi, I don't know I'm afraid. I resigned about a year ago and gave them details of someone who was interested in taking over.
Privacy Policy