AAT & Voluntering

Options
Hi Everyone,

I am working full time in Finance (for the past 8 years) and I am currently finishing my level 2 AAT exams next month (self study outside of work). I have alot of Financial experience but not Accounts specific so was thinking of voluntering to gain some exposure. I am able to volunter for roles such as a treasurer with only my AAT level 2?

Thanks so much,

Sasha
AAT Level 2 :)
PBKT Nov 14
CJBS Dec 14
WKAF Jan 15
CJBS Feb 15
CPAG - Studying!

Comments

• Nps
    Nps Registered Posts: 782
    Options
    I think you'll find that a lot of treasurer roles are set up in a way that you don't actually need any financial knowledge/qualifications at all. They'd never find volunteers if they needed trained people all the time. I've found, the bigger the charity, the more likely they will have actual finance employees and the local treasurers just collate everything for them.

Don't suppose you are in the Thames Valley region as I'm trying to find a replacement for a volunteer role I don't really have time to do any more.
  • sashalousmith
    sashalousmith Registered Posts: 23
    Options
    Oh I see that is good, I am going to apply for a few in my local area to gain some experience. I live in Essex but work in the City of London, where abouts in Thames Valley is the role? Thanks for your help!
    AAT Level 2 :)
    PBKT Nov 14
    CJBS Dec 14
    WKAF Jan 15
    CJBS Feb 15
    CPAG - Studying!
Privacy Policy