Financial Performance Task 9 of CBT sample 1 Target profit margin

Ly21
Ly21 Registered Posts: 18 Regular contributor ⭐
Does anyone know how to do the part b? what calculations do I need to do to know what price to set, in order to achieve the target profit margin?? It's confusing.

Thank you :001_smile:

Comments

• SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    I imagine you know that the £40 price alternative has a production overhead target cost of £8,000,000
    And that the £50 price alternative has a production overhead target cost of £9,460,000

Do you appreciate what these values mean?

If we can get the production overhead cost down to £9,460,000 then the £50 price alternative will make the required 30% profit (and the £40 alternative will not)
    For the £40 price alternative to generate the 30% required profit, fixed production overheads must be down to £8,000,000

The answer must be £50

So no calculations needed, just understanding about the meaning of the answer to part (a)

Just think about those businesses that locate on low rent sites. The lower the cost the more attractive the location.

sandy@sandyhood.com

Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • MmeFroggy
    MmeFroggy Registered Posts: 8
    Hi Sandy, would you please be able to explain answers pf part a too as I cannot get my head round it :( thank you
  • SandyHood
    Mme Froggy
    I have use a tabular layout
    To help this stay in the columns I used, I have put it into a word document which I haven't been able to attach.
    Sorry, I don't seem able to use the "attach file" facility
    I have it in a word doc format. If you'd like it please email me.
    I hope it helps
    This is a fundamental aspect of target costing, so I recommend that you ask your lecturer or distance learning provider for more questions for you to practice on.
    Yours

Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com

Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • MmeFroggy
    MmeFroggy Registered Posts: 8
    Thank you Sandy. I have sent you an email
  • bryn
    bryn Registered Posts: 1
    Hello Sandy , I would be grateful if you could send the workings to part A to me too.
  • SandyHood
    Dear Bryn

I don't look on this forum very often. And I don't have your email.
    I will reply with the word doc if you email me.
    Yours
    Sandy

sandy@sandyhood.com
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
Privacy Policy