Exams and studying AAT

Options
tulnay
tulnay Registered Posts: 1
Dear All,

I have completed my Master Degree in Professional Accounting awarded by University of South Australia in 2011 and I am a provisional member of Charted Professional Accountants of Australia. I have moved to London with my husband recently as he got a job here. Although I have work experience in Accounting but I am not familiar with the UK taxation system. So I am thinking whether AAT courses will be helpful for me to find a job successfully. I am interested in Level 4 and Certificate in Taxation and Ethics.Not sure which one will suit me better, any advice? I would like to finish these exams asap. Can any one suggest shall I enrol one of the online training course or just buy text book and do self study?

Looking forward to hearing your advice.

Thanks

Comments

• Masworld
    Masworld Registered Posts: 1
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi
    how familiar are you with the forms and the way taxation and filing in UK works?

Perhaps you could start working with small firms.

Kind regards
  • NickCraggs
    NickCraggs Registered, Tutor Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    This is a new qualification which employers probably haven't heard of as yet. I would suggest the whole of level of level 4 as you are clearly qualified but this is far more recognised by employers and you can do the two tax units as an option.
    Nick Craggs FMAAT AATQB ACA, AAT Branch Member and Distance Learning Director at First Intuition

firstintuition.co.uk/
Privacy Policy