Transferring from 2010 Standards

Good Evening everyone

This seems really surreal as I have not been on this site for many years!

Due to all sorts of reasons I had put my last remaining exam on a backburner for a very long time. I was then informed by AAT that in order to complete my qualification I needed to take my final exam by Dec 2014. I opted to study auditing and I am currently awaiting my results, however if I fail does anyone know what I need to do next (other than resit!).

Will I have to retake some of the older exams I had already passed?

Any advice greatfully received.

Tracy

Comments

• lewpylew
    lewpylew Registered Posts: 216 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Hi I am in the same boat and I feel sick with worry!

I failed FNST twice in 2010 then had a break which turned out to be 4 years due to life, having a baby, work etc.

I returned to AAT last summer distance learning and have completed ICAS and 2 failed FNST exams.

Some of my exams are 2003 standards than transferred to 2010 so like you I have to pass the last exam FNST(my 5th attempt : ( ) that I took on 22nd December otherwise I have to retake the whole of level 4 which personally upsets me and makes me mad as surely a pass is a pass!

You may be eligible for recognition of prior learning to get an excemption or otherwise we will have to retake the whole level again.

Fingers crossed for us both. When did you take your exam?
  • lewpylew
    Also adding you may be eligible to transfer to 2013 standards so give the AAT a call first
  • Columbia71
    Columbia71 Registered Posts: 13
    Thanks for your reply lewpylew

I am in exactly the same position as you, 2003 standards originally, (life/kids work got in the way of studying) then updated to 2010, goodness knows if they will update to 2013!

My exam was Dec 19th. Fingers crossed for both of us!!

I will call AAT later, thanks.

Tracy
  • lewpylew
    Sounds like you are in the same boat as me :( No chance to transfer. The thought of losing level 4 will just break me and if so, there is no way I will be doing it again.

Am already behind with my degree work as put everything in to my December exam. Fingers crossed we aren't waiting too long. Let me know how you get on. Positive vibes for us both!!
  • ariadne
    ariadne Registered Posts: 218
    Hopefully you will pass but if not and AAT can't transfer you to 2013 (it's only the project which is needed to transfer from 2010 if they do allow you) then you could consider doing the lower ACCA papers, especially if you have hopes of progressing in this direction anyway. I think AAT L3 gives you enough qualification to begin the course if you don't have A Levels. The F3 paper links in with Financial Statements but teaches it from scratch which can help if you need to brush up on this. F2 links to Bugeting and Financial Performance and F1 is more general business, management and how accounting fits into organisations. After that you do an online module in ethics and you are awarded a Diploma from ACCA. You can do a few more modules including Tax and apply for MAAT as well as continuing ACCA and potential BSc etc.

Good luck!
  • Lou1234
    Lou1234 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    I am in exactly the same boat. I started AAT many years ago and my level 4 are all under the old old standards. I sat Financial Statements twice and failed twice around 2011.

Like you, life got in the way (moving, getting married and having a child) and I let it all slip to the back of my mind.

I sat Financial Statements in December and have my fingers crossed I passed as I now want this. If I have failed I don't think I will be sitting the whole of level 4 again under the new standards.
  • lewpylew
    When did you do your exam Lou1234? Mine is 4 weeks and 1 day now.... feel sick and just want to know either way!
  • Lou1234
    On the 18th December so it will be 5 weeks on Thursday.

I'm hoping the within 6 weeks still stand even though there was the Christmas break and probably quite a few of us sitting exams in that final week before Christmas!
  • Kevinpap
    Kevinpap Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    I hope so too, as I sat my final exam, Financial Statements, on 17th December under the 2010 standards and am currently waiting for my results. Fingers crossed it will be this week! :)
  • Lou1234
    My results were online last night (still haven't had the email) and I failed Financial Statements.

I sat it on the 18th so it was exactly 5 weeks until the results came up.

I'm not 100% sure what is next for me. I'm not sure I can/want to pay for level 4 again.

Good luck to everyone else waiting for results!
  • Columbia71
    Columbia71 Registered Posts: 13
    Sorry to hear that Lou1234

I contacted Kaplan last night regarding the procedure should I fail my final exam under the 2010 standards.

I assumed that I would need to resit the whole of the level 4 qualification again and I had started the process of applying for a student loan in anticipation of a failure!, but I was informed that I could just transfer the auditing unit over to the 2013 standards.

They said to contact them when I knew the outcome of my result.

• lewpylew
    edited January 2015
    Sorry to hear that Lou : ( I feel I will get the same message next week as it's only 4 weeks and 4 days for me.

Before I took the exam I knew I only had once last chance and was told that you may be able to get an exception under recognition of prior learning so worth contacting your training provider xx
Privacy Policy