Credit control exam

zippi
zippi Registered Posts: 182 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Just wanted to know if anyone who has sat this exam managed to pass first time. I have this exam in a fortnight and we have just finished chapter 5 yesterday but not managed to do any practice papers. I had a go for the first time but found task 5 especially long and complicated to understand. Task 7 is also quite long but not too bad.

Any advice is welcome, thank you.

Comments

• ImInMediaYeah
    ImInMediaYeah Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Hi zippi.
    I took the Credit Control exam for the first time on December the 15th, so the result should appear any day now! That was after just over a month of study.
    If your question gets few responses, I'll let you know how I do when the result comes out soon. :)
  • zippi
    Hi ImInMediaYeah,

Many thanks for the quick response, I am awaiting my financial performance results too. I hope I've passed as the some questions were quite challenging. Did you find written questions in credit control ok in the exam? Good luck with your results, I am sure it will be positive.
  • ImInMediaYeah
    Hi again, zippi :)
    Good news.. I passed the Credit Control exam on the first try!
    Any news on your Financial Performance result?

Back to trying to answer your question:
    I did find the written questions to be little problem, but that was because of 2 reasons:
    1) I was the only member of the class to be a native English speaker.
    2) Credit Control is only 5 chapters in the BPP textbooks. That's the least amount of material to get to grips with out of any I've seen so far.
    3) I had already done most of the level 4 modules. If you do enough of them, you get a better feel for what the examiner is looking for. You also notice certain things that regularly appear, such as the ratios. Having used them in 2 other modules (Statements & Performance) they were much less intimidating.

Therefore, how hard Credit Control is, in my opinion, depends on how many other level 4 exams you've already done.
  • zippi
    Congratulations and well done to you! The only one apart from financial performance I've attempted so far is budgeting and I manage to pass that first time. I only started my level 4 in sept. 2014. No news on financial performance as yet but I am hoping to pass. I found easy ones hard and hard ones easy so really don't know, although sounds pathetic! I will just have to wait and see. Was statements exam ok, did you manage it first time?

Now let's hope I pass!
  • ImInMediaYeah
    zippi said:

Congratulations and well done to you!!

Thanks! :D
    zippi said:

...Was statements exam ok, did you manage it first time?

Usual caveats about random exam questions drawn from the database, blah blah blah. But yes, thankfully I passed Financial Statements first time.
    It's good to know you've passed at least one other exam. Maybe you can do the studying/revision that worked so well for you with Budgeting and repeat that? That's how I've passed everything so far ;)
    Best of luck to you! It sounds like you've got what it takes!
  • zippi
    Oh I'll take that as a compliment but don't know whether I've got what it takes. I do really have to work hard and put all my effort in it. No news on Financial performance, so can't really say! I will be really chuffed when I get through, fingers crossed! Thanks for all your advice, it looks to me as though you have got what it takes! Well done to you! o:)
  • zippi
    Finally got my financial performance results and I passed, hurray! Thanks for the encouragement ImInMediaYeah. :)
Privacy Policy