Struggling to Pass Financial Statements

Good Afternoon All,

I am currently studying Level 4 AAT and near completion other than FS. I am on my 2nd year with Sutton BMETC which is the last year you can do with this training provider. I have got one more chance at FS which is on 03/03 and i am worrying if i fail this where does that leave me, Will that mean i have failed AAT Level 4? or can you study and take the exam else where? I am looking at going on to CIMA after so i am hoping to pass so i can achieve the cima cert and get straight on to the diploma. Fingers crossed I'll pass this time round but can't help but worry in the back of my head about what if

Cheers
Level 4 AAT Complete (MAAT)

Comments

• wabisabi
    wabisabi Registered Posts: 130 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi Elliot
    you don't have to be with a training provider to sit exams, so if your current provider won't support you any more (or will just let you sit the exam once more) you can just book the remaining FNST exam yourself (I use Kaplan in Birmingham) and turn up on the day. The exams you've passed are in the bag, so you haven't failed Level 4, you just need to pass FNST.
    Good luck with it!
  • Elliot174
    Elliot174 Registered Posts: 15
    Hi Wabisabi,

Thank you for your info, Hopefully il pass but just wanted an understanding of what if i fail and what not. Thanks again for your info

Cheers
  • ChristianB
    ChristianB Registered Posts: 197 Epic contributor 🐘
    edited February 2015
    Hi @Elliot174

The qualification is AAT's, not the training provider's. Even if you fail, you will not lose everything you've earned so far and you can simply sit your remaining unit with another training provider (or even self-study it and sit it as an external candidate at another assessment centre).

For now, don't worry about "what ifs". Focus on Financial statements. If you have to carry on your studies somewhere else, we've got you covered. :)

All the best
    I have now left AAT. If you require any assistance with the forums, please contact membership support: https://www.aat.org.uk/contact-us
  • Elliot174
    Elliot174 Registered Posts: 15
    Hi @ChristianB

I am focusing on passing FSTM but didn't want the thought that this was my last chance weighing on my mind but its good to know that isn't the case.

Hopefully in 8 weeks i will be commenting on here saying i have completed Level 4!

Thank you for your help

Cheers
  • nicd1981
    nicd1981 Registered Posts: 243 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hey Elliot, how are you getting on with FNST?
    Nic xx
    Nicola Donnelly ,MAAT, MIP, CIMA Dip MA

Email: donnellynicola7@gmail.com
    Facbook Page: MEND Accounting
    Blog: http://wannabeanaccountant.blogspot.co.uk
    Twitter: @mendaccounting
  • StuartW
    StuartW Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    For anyone within travelling distance to London/Leeds - there are a couple of AAT Financial Statements study support events on 21 February and 28 February.
Privacy Policy