Personal Tax- Question 7 and other written questions

richf
richf Registered Posts: 86 New contributor 🐸
Hi all,

Just studying for this pesky exam for week friday and just wanted to check something.

1 - Is question 7 based solely around tax penalties? the two mocks on the AAT website are basically the same question regarding filing tax return.

2 - Is the above the only wordy question in the exam? therefore other than thoroughly know the material to pass numerical questions I do not need to worry about other wordy questions?

I'm at the stage of writing notes, having practised various performas, and just trying to work out what stuff I need to memorise.......I know I'll have to memorise benefit in kind stuff! just hoping no wordy question on it!!

Thanks
Rich

Comments

• rosiefaith
    rosiefaith Registered Posts: 17
    Hi,

Try looking at the AAT performance feedback PDF for personal tax.
    You can find it in the study support search.

It's useful to tell you what you can expect! My wordy question was on payments on account.

Good Luck :)
  • richf
    edited April 2015
    Thanks,

Just been looking through the PDF....
    Task 6
    Computation of tax payable and payment of tax
    This is the first of the humanly marked tasks and can include a variety of areas. It mainly focusses on
    working out the actual tax payable by an individual and then the timing of when that payment needs to be
    made. However, this task may also include an explanation of how tax payable or personal allowances are
    calculated.
    the above reads to me as a written, wordy possibility :/
    EDIT: just noticed the written part of the practise exam on this question...looked ok though.
  • hasan
    hasan Registered Posts: 65
    Hi Rich, Do you have the Personal Tax exam this Friday coming ? And if you do please can you provide feedback on the exam, due to the fact that I will be sitting Personal Tax next Wednesday.
  • richf
    Hi Hasan,

Sorry bud, test is week on Friday, I.e. 1st May.

Good look with yours, it's a tricky little module ain't it, but think should be OK.
  • hasan
    Thanks Rich, I'll let you know how I found the Exam and good luck with yours
  • richf
    How did you find it Hasan?
    I have been doing lots of practise questions but not sure about this exam.
    Still making silly errors as having to rush to complete mock exams in time.
    And the question 7 wordy question is terrible!
  • hasan
    Hi Rich just done this exam, It was not like the practise one online, different layout and questions. I think i've done ok, probably just over the 70% pass mark, My advice to you is, practise and practise. I found this unit good. you will need to read the questions thoroughly and expect for a different layout.
  • richf
    Oh dear, different layout?!
    Fingers crossed for you mate.

The tax question is a struggle for me, amongst other things, I keep getting all the tax penalties mixed up!

Seems a lot of work for computer based questions too, where you don't get marked for workings.

Thanks for letting me know.
  • hasan
    Thank Rich
  • hasan
    My written question was based on how long you need to keep accounting records for and what to do when you make errors in you tax return.
  • hasan
    Hi Rich how did your exam go today?
  • richf
    Hi Hasan,
    Exam went OK, it's gonna be a close one though I think.
    Thought I'd done OK in the wordy question then realised today I'd forgot to write some obvious things, kicking myself as I could of put lot more.
  • hasan
    Like wise Rich
Privacy Policy