Anyone else struggling with Level 3?

Hi,

I've recently completed the AAT Level 2 and have just started on the Level 3 and it's so hard! I thought it would just be a continuation, which it is to some extent. But it's also a huge leap from level 2 in terms of difficulty and I feel like I don't have the brain power or time to complete the Level 3 (I work full-time). Anyone have any words of wisdom in getting through the Level 3 alongside working full-time?

Comments

• StuartW
    StuartW Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi @AngelDust - I'm sure others will be able to provide tips on the balance of work & study. You might also be interested in this new guide we recently published, featuring tips from people who have experience of Level 3:

Making the grade: Level 3 study tips from AAT members (PDF)
  • tigernicholls
    tigernicholls Registered, Tutor Posts: 2
    Hi,

I had the same feeling when starting Level 3 in a full time job. There were a lot of times where i thought of quitting but it felt like a waste after working so hard on Level 2. The thing that helped me the most was having a study buddy!! We went through class work and practice papers together and after a while that big jump between level 2 and 3 seemed to fade. I would recommend working through the subjects with someone from your class - they are most likely feeling the same and knowing that alone sometimes helps to make it all feel less daunting! I didn't think i would get to a point of saying this but I am now finishing off my Level 4 so there is light at the end of the tunnel! Good Luck!
  • Marco
    Marco Registered Posts: 23
    Hi
    I had the same feeling too. After i finished level 2 i started to do level 3 in terms of intensive course which we had to do 2 unit per week and finish all level 3 in 4 months as well as english is not my first language and i work full time too plus travelling between two city twice a week, but at the end i did it. I agree with tigernicholla, work with ur friends at the class and use the E-learning on AAt website. it will get easy after few weeks and u wont feel that big jump anymore. If i could pass all my exam and become in top 2 then I am sure anyone else can do it easy.
    good luck
  • MrsCarb
    MrsCarb Registered Posts: 1
    Hi there,

Its pretty daunting, but like all things if they're used in practice they are easier to digest.

Do you work in an accounting/office role?
  • StuartW
    StuartW Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
  • AngelDust
    AngelDust Registered Posts: 30
    Thanks for all your comments everyone!

Unfortunately I'm self-studying, so a revision buddy is not an option for me =( @tigernicholls

It feels quite isolating actually...but I have my tutor and it was my decision to study that way, on the flip-side its more flexible and you get to work at your own pace.

Since I originally posted I changed my qualification from the 'AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting' to the 'AAT Level 3 Bookkeeping and Ethics' which is identical to the Diploma, however it excludes the units Costs & Revenues and Indirect Tax. In terms of my career I think this is best suited to me as at this point in time I'm not looking to go into management accounting or become chartered. For me personally, the AAT was mostly about getting some theory behind the practical experience I've gained through work.

At the moment I work in an accounts receivable role, not much variety but I'm going to start looking again after my studies @MrsCarb

Privacy Policy