ISYS PROJECT

Can someone guide me into a layout for this project. I'm doing chic Paints Ltd and I am reviewing the Payroll Accounting System. I am not sure how to layout my project. For example, I don't know what order the project should be in, what's first, second, third and so forth. Do I start off with the first page as the Title Page, then Contents, Introduction, Terms of reference etc. Also, I know that for Assessment Criteria 1.1 would be covered in my Introduction, but where would I put say Assessment Criteria 1.2,1.4 and so on. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• CeeJaySix
    CeeJaySix Registered Posts: 645
    There is a lot of leeway in this, it is your report and as long as it's laid out in a sensible, coherent manner then it should be fine. From memory my Osborne book had a template of suggested headings/order. The assessment criteria can be covered wherever they best fit. There's no right way to do it; however I do still have the template I was provided with (just suggested broad headings), although I deviated quite a lot from it; has your training provider not sent you anything?

Happy to give you this template, it's no more guidance than is provided elsewhere, drop me a PM with an e-mail address if you'd like it.
  • Emorris15403
    Emorris15403 Registered Posts: 6
    I have also got Chic Paints, I'm looking at the accounts rec & credit control.
    I made the mistake of writing all my project then doing the mapping! Wish i could have done the mapping first, then fitting words round that x
  • Charlay
    Charlay Registered Posts: 16 Regular contributor ⭐
    I did Chic Paints and I did the payroll too.

There was a proi-forma layout in the BPP textbook out college provided for us. I also did some google searching and came up with something from the AAT Birmingham branch that was pretty useful. It is official AAT literature so nothing to worry about on that front, here is the link:

http://aatbirmingham.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/ISYS-report-guide-2013_web-version.pdf

Alternatively Google " AAT ISYS guide" and it will dome out near the top as PDF link with that address.

Good luck with it.
  • Ricota81
    Ricota81 Registered Posts: 5
    Hi all. I am doing the A to Z Vehicle hire project and I want to concentrate on the Cash Flow function as this seems to be the biggest problem for this company. I have read several comments in this Forum and some of them state we need two areas to concentrate our work on. Can anyone advise please? Thanks.
  • richf
    richf Registered Posts: 86 New contributor 🐸
    Charlay said:

I did Chic Paints and I did the payroll too.

There was a proi-forma layout in the BPP textbook out college provided for us. I also did some google searching and came up with something from the AAT Birmingham branch that was pretty useful. It is official AAT literature so nothing to worry about on that front, here is the link:

http://aatbirmingham.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/ISYS-report-guide-2013_web-version.pdf

Alternatively Google " AAT ISYS guide" and it will dome out near the top as PDF link with that address.

Good luck with it.

Thanks, I've stored that away ready for my project.
  • headache
    headache Registered Posts: 3
    Hi I'm about to start my project and there is not a lot of help regarding this, I think a class would have been helpful as I do not work in accounts. It's seems the marker only helps when you submit a draft. Any suggestions with how to get started with this.
  • andystroud
    andystroud Registered Posts: 2
    Hi all. I have just finished my project and was in the simlar position. I would recommend the osbourne text book very easy too read and has a sample report at the back. Helped me map and get the structure of the report.
  • hasan
    hasan Registered Posts: 65
    help needed for the project !!!!!!!
  • Ricota81
    Ricota81 Registered Posts: 5
    Is there a right or wrong way of doing this project?? I have read the book for Internal Controls and I am still struggling with choosing the topic. Do we have to assume that if the info is not on the case study is because the company totally lacks of it? Or do we have to work with what we have? :s I have a lot of ideas but I am also finding it difficult to put it all together. Help needed asap!!!
  • abd-ellahi
    abd-ellahi Registered Posts: 12
    Well you can write about everything you want to write about within the accounting department. Trust me you would run out of words so I suggest that if you do think of writing about so many things then add additional appendix for cost and benefit analysis. Therefore you can write your report up to recommendation to improve and also you have enough information left for cost and benefit analysis in your appendix (follow the sample answer report layout ).

Hope this makes sense if not just inbox me I would gladly help anyone who needs help on their report :).
  • zippi
    zippi Registered Posts: 182 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hello Andystroud,

I attend a training provider and have not been given one yet, just told to fill in the initial form with definitions on cpd etc. However, I use BPP books but was never given a book on internal control project as college ordered our books. What is the book you've bought for Osborne called and how do I go about buying one? Thanks, help much appreciated.
  • Daria
    Daria Registered Posts: 5
    Hi all. I just access the chic paints the beginning of April..so here I am too as not sure how to start at all! Thought will write about payroll as I am doing bit of that at work..hopefully it ll be easier. Anyway..is it possible to see some of yours reports who has the same topic please? So I have got clue what to write about :) thank you
  • SophieB27
    SophieB27 Registered Posts: 1
    Daria said:

Hi all. I just access the chic paints the beginning of April..so here I am too as not sure how to start at all! Thought will write about payroll as I am doing bit of that at work..hopefully it ll be easier. Anyway..is it possible to see some of yours reports who has the same topic please? So I have got clue what to write about :) thank you

I'm not really sure that anyone will share their reports that are on the same case study - our training provider couldn't even let us look at previous years candidates reports.
  • Daria
    I'm not really sure that anyone will share their reports that are on the same case study - our training provider couldn't even let us look at previous years candidates reports.

well..fair enough...
    2 months have almost passed and i have just introduction lol
    its horrendous!!! help
  • KarenMustardTutor
    KarenMustardTutor Registered, Tutor Posts: 28
    Hi
    I have taught and assessed the ISYS project for many years. My students all base their project on the workplace so I am not familiar with the case study. However I am familiar with the layout and with all the assessment criteria.
    I have written a guide to writing up the ISYS project. It takes you through the format of the project and what needs to be included in each section. Also I have made a suggestion of a layout within the Analysis and Evaluation section and suggested what to cover under sub headings. Following that will ensure that all the assessment criteria are met.
    This is only a guide as the AAT are not very prescriptive about layout and as your project develops you may want to move things around.
    If you want to look at the guide you can find it on my website Mustardaccountancy.com

Good Luck everyone.
  • richf
    @Daria unlike most other stuff I've studied they AAT appear to be very strict on the project being entirely your own work and not the result of detailed discussion with peers. I would of thought that this is why people are not willing to share work.

I suspect this is because AAT many different case study material. I know I keep seeing the name of my case study's company mentioned!
  • Daria
    @richf i would share to help others ;)
  • richf
    edited May 2015
    Just re-read my above comment, meant AAT doesn't use many different case study materials.

Sorry @Daria , perhaps I'm being over cautious, but ISYS is such a hassle I don't want to get accused of cheating as well.

I agree with you that this is horrendous! and its not like its my first big essay, my dissertation at uni and project were larger I think. I think they were actually easier!

Just to give you some hope, I started middle of April and so far only got Intro and Accounting section done. The structure will depend on who your assessor is, they will tell you how they want it laid out, at least mine did. For me I find this annoying as I'd rather of just laid it out my way!

Who are you taking the course with @Daria? , have you been pestering them for help? Just get something you vaguely think is correct done and let them give you feedback perhaps if they are not answering emails?
  • Daria
    @richf i know what u mean..
    im going to have my first meeting next week so hopefully that will help me understand it closer..my problem is that im not sure if i understand whole case study well.. but yeah..i ll get there at the end :) dont have other choice i guess :)
  • richf
    @Daria , have you still got financial statements and professional ethics textbooks? I'm finding bits of them useful.

Along with credit control textbook I bought off ebay, though never actually took that module.

There are always resists my friend, I find it comforting that you can actually do resits on AAT course.....even though still I don't want to resit anything.
  • Daria
    @richf.. i have all books really so ll have a look, thank you
    with regards to resits..i have already few :/ not really fancy to have one from project..
  • rick1063
    rick1063 Registered Posts: 5
    Did you guys pass this project? I'm a month in and haven't done my plan yet, getting stressed!
  • clara
    clara Registered Posts: 19 New contributor 🐸
    After project has been uploaded to aat how long is it before it is shown on your results page?
    Thank you
  • Chelseighc
    Chelseighc Registered Posts: 6
    @Emorris15403 - I noticed you've based your project on acc rec and credit control. How did you go about titling it I'm finding it difficult... can i literally write that I'm reviewing those ?
  • leption
    leption Registered Posts: 36
    I have finished my project and passed last year sorry, for not getting back guys, I did the Chic Paints Case Study. The Osborne book helped a lot, I based my project on Payroll and Credit Control. There may be help on the internet just type the name of your Case Study in Google and see what comes up.
Privacy Policy