Ask your question

AAT
AAT Administrator, Tutor Posts: 102 🤖 Admin 🤖
Do you need more information to work out whether you want to study AAT through distance learning?

Reply to this thread with your question and we'll either answer it ourselves, or enlist someone from the AAT community to share their knowledge and experience.

Comments

• Noura
    Noura Registered Posts: 1
    Hi there, Do employers value distant Learning courses ?
  • Nps
    Nps Registered Posts: 782
    My experience is that employers don't really care how you got the qualification, so long as you have it.

I used to study with the specific aim of getting the highest marks possible (you get percentage scores in ACCA) with the mistaken view that employers would be impressed. The truth is I don't think they care less what mark you got, certainly no one has ever asked me what my marks were, so I really don't think they will care how the qualification was gained.
  • ajleighto
    ajleighto Registered Posts: 8
    My experience is similarly that employers don't seem to differentiate between how AAT was studied, distance or class-based. If latter, this usually means if working whilst studying you need flexible working to work around it, otherwise I found distance learning to suit me so I could study outside my working hours & I temped a lot throughout so very often couldn't build up employer sympathy. However, the final year project was a God-send as I had a very sympathetic work environment while doing it!
  • Azeezah
    Azeezah Registered Posts: 2
    Hi, I wanted to know if I need any practical work experience for my AAT qualification. I'm going to be studying AAT on my own. I'm from Botswana.
  • CeeJaySix
    CeeJaySix Registered Posts: 645
    You can pass all the exams and receive the diploma without work experience. However you need experience in an accounting environment to become MAAT.
  • Adele69
    Adele69 Registered Posts: 320
    Are some AAT Assessment Centres more expensive than others?

I have no idea how much the exam fee is (as this was previously covered in my classroom costs and I've never resit any), and if they all charge the same rate.

Fairly sure on where I'm aiming to go for distance learning but not which centre to do the exam. It won't be somewhere I've been before as they no longer offer level 4 and don't appear on the approved Assessment Centre list
  • CeeJaySix
    CeeJaySix Registered Posts: 645
    Yes. The exam fee is set by AAT (used to be £35 from memory but that was a few years back), the centre in my experience charges a similar amount again, but that's up to the centre.
  • Adele69
    Adele69 Registered Posts: 320
    Thanks. It appears CRC (where I completed levels 2 & 3) are still quoting £35 fee even though I think those students who did retakes paid more like £40 something. This is significantly less than say Kaplan who are the only AAT Assessment to have a fee on their website, if you try booking and paying for an exam online.

This is my local AAT Assessment Centre list:
    • CRC (no level 4) £40 something?
    • First Intuition ?
    • Kaplan £78
    • Pitman (no level 4) ?
    It should be noted that CRC doesn't appear on a search on AAT's website of Assessment Centres, maybe they don't take any external/distance learning students. I've sent a message to them through the website asking if that's the case and how much for exams. It would be beneficial at least from familiarity of settings to sit my level 4 exams in the same venue.
Privacy Policy