Financial performance

Options
lisa123
lisa123 Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
hi, just received my results and I've failed.. Again! I honestly don't know what else to study for this exam so I really need help or advice on how to tackle this exam. I've gone through all revision books, done all papers on AAT website and I felt confident going in and I was happy when I left the exam so it's a big blow to get this result.
Passed 1st all other exams & this is my final exam.

Any help/ suggestions?

Thanks
Lisa

Comments

• wabisabi
    wabisabi Registered Posts: 130 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi Lisa
    I sat it a couple of months ago and it felt like the toughest of all (managed to pass - I wondered if they somehow confused my paper with someone else!!).

Which questions are you not meeting the requirement?
  • lisa123
    lisa123 Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi,
    Just received my feedback and its q 2 &8 which are "significantly below".
    I hate that phrase also as AAT says that I have done no study for it at all.. Which is totally incorrect. I wish AAT would reconsider the phrases they use as its really disheartening to read that when I put in countless hours studying.

Lisa
  • wabisabi
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi Lisa

I know what you mean about the terminology. And because the feedback isn't detailed you have no idea where you went wrong.

On the positive side if you only had two significantly below then overall you might have been borderline.

Q2 is usually quite straightforward, but if they throw in a twist then under exam conditions it would be easy to misunderstand something (it happened to me with Q3 which I spent ages studying and knew and understood inside out!). Just keep practising and have a look at the assessment feedback - I found that really helpful.

Q8 is notoriously difficult so I wouldn't give yourself a hard time about it- very few people do well in it. Again the assessment feedback is helpful. Try to focus on the other tasks, especially the numerical ones, and you should be okay :)

• wabisabi
    Options
    Sorry, my brain was a bit frazzled with PTAX last night when I responded to this!!

I was confusing Q8 and Q10 - Q10 is a human marked written question and performance is generally poor - few people do well in it. I can't remember what Q8 is about, but it is a numerical task so just get lots of practice. The problem I found was that by the time I got to Q8 my head was swimming and I was running out of time! Again, if you were "significantly below" you probably just misread or misinterpreted something - easily done under exam conditions.
Privacy Policy