Self study or use a training provider for level 4?

Options
Countrybumpkin
Countrybumpkin Registered Posts: 52 Epic contributor 🐘
Looking for some advice from you lovely people. I've completed levels 2 & 3 using a training provider, I passed all modules first time and only used the provider for their learning materials (no additional help/discussions etc). I'd love to continue with level 4 but now have the dilemma of should I use a training provider or not? I've had a year off and my circumstances have change (another child & house renovation), money is tight so I could REALLY do without the course fees but I'm worried that I've forgotten a lot of what I've already learnt, that level 4 will be a big jump up etc. Please let me know your experience and I'd love to hear any advice you might have. Many thanks!

Comments

• Lelouch
    Lelouch Registered Posts: 35
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I think Level 4 is a step up from 2 & 3 and you will spend more time on each topic then you would have previously. Personally I haven't found level 4 too challenging and have been able to start and pass each subject within a month(self study). Try buying the study materials (BPP, Kaplan or Osborne) just on a topic or two and see how you get on. If you are finding it hard going, then look to a training provider.

Hope that helps
  • Countrybumpkin
    Options
    Thanks for your comments *Lelouch*, I had initially planned to do exactly that! But then thought if general consensus was to definitely use a provider perhaps I should just bite the bullet and do that. Can I ask how you are planning on completing your ICAS module through self study? Have you found any training providers willing to support you for just this module? Also what order are you completing the modules in?
    Many thanks
  • Lelouch
    Lelouch Registered Posts: 35
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Glad I wasn't talking complete gibberish then... The project is a bit of a money pit, you need to enrol with a training provider for this (annoyingly). I think pretty much every provider will let you enrol for it as long as you pay them for the privilege. The cheapest I managed to find was around £300, but opted for Kaplan as i thought their resources were better.

I did mine in
    Credit control
    Budgeting
    Financial performance
    Financial statements
    Cash Management
    ICAS (still to do)
  • Countrybumpkin
    Options
    Oh no! I was worried that would be the case. £300 for ICAS + £120 for complete set of osbourne texts....the extra £280 for tuition and extra resources isn't looking too bad. Thank you for the extra info it's certainly making me think through my options carefully.
Privacy Policy