AAT 4 Project ISYS Help Please

jasonelliott
jasonelliott Registered Posts: 2
Hi all,

I am having trouble with the below two questions. Can anyone help me into making sense of the question.

2.4 explain the types of controls that can be put in place to ensure compliance with statutory or organisational requirements

and

2.5 explain how an internal control system can support the accounting function.

Thank you :)

Jason

Comments

• StuartW
    StuartW Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi @jasonelliott - welcome to the forums.

You'll find tips on the ISYS project if you search the forums for related terms - aside from that you might also want to check out: Stuart
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    First of all, I suggest you get hold of one of the text books (Osborne or BPP are very good as they include model answers to a practice case study).

2.4 This is asking you to identify ways of controlling the accounting system and identifying ways to detect fraud.
    For this why not think of statutory controls - Audit for limited companies?
    For organisational controls - why not think of different ways to detect fraud - till reconciliations, segregation of duties (e.g. payroll should never be done by HR staff)

Both text books provide good advice on this element of the mapping.

2.5 How can a control system support the accounting function?

Firstly, control is obvious (I hope), but also think about giving you the opportunity to think about where problems could arise. By having a cycle of control, you give yourself chance to identify and evaluate potential effects of a range of situations, deal with them, review them to see if they was dealt with properly/effectively and make changes to how you deal with them for the future.

Honestly, I really do recommend taking time to read up on the unit requirements. Also, work closely with your mentor and tutor and try to get regular feedback - it's in your interest to get it right first time.
  • jasonelliott
    jasonelliott Registered Posts: 2
    Thank you for taking the time to review this.

your help is much appreciated.

many thanks !:)

Jason
Privacy Policy