Past student problems

Options
LiamWatsonn
LiamWatsonn Registered Posts: 3
Hello all,

I'm just seeking advice on the next step in my career. I studied AAT in 2012/13 at 16/17 and gained my level 3 qualification. Despite passing the course, I was never entirely confident in a lot of the exams. I was doing enough to scrape by and get passes and not really paying all that much attention and I massively regret this. I then studied at college for a following year before I started work this year. My job isn't bad but I would still like to pursue a career in accounting. So I have the following questions;

1) Could I renew my membership and access all of the study materials? I would use these to hopefully refresh my memory and evaluate where I'm at.

2) What kind of job should I be looking at? I'm Level 3 qualified but I'm not confident in my ability and I don't want to feel as though I'm short changing my potential employer.

3) It has been a while since I last saw the studying help on the website, would it be extensive enough to potentially reteach myself certain areas?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• LiamWatsonn
    Options
    Anyone?
  • ChristianB
    ChristianB Registered Posts: 197 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi @LiamWatsonn

Good to see that you’re thinking of starting your AAT studies again.

Allow me to address your points:
    1. If you renewed your membership you would be able to access our study materials on MyAAT right away. This would allow to take sample assessments and Green Light tests, which hopefully would allow you to see how much of Level 3 you remember.
    2. Regarding what jobs you can do after Level 3, please see this thread: What jobs will I be qualified to perform after completing AAT Level 3?
    3. We’ve updated MyAAT and study support search since you last studied with us. Whether this additional material is enough for you to reteach yourself is a matter of opinion.
    I would strongly advise that you speak to a member of our team to see what the best course of action is for you: 020 3735 2468.

Regards

Christian
    I have now left AAT. If you require any assistance with the forums, please contact membership support: https://www.aat.org.uk/contact-us
  • LiamWatsonn
    Options
    Hello @ChristianB,

How much would it cost for a full AAT membership?

Also, would I need to list a training provider? This would be an issue as I'm not studying at the minute.

Thanks for the reply Christian, it is much appreciated. :)
  • ChristianB
    ChristianB Registered Posts: 197 Epic contributor 🐘
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Hi @LiamWatsonn

In order to renew your membership you would have to pay a reinstatement fee of £36 and your annual membership fee of £86.

You shouldn't have to list a training provider if you're just reinstating your membership, but if you do I'd advise simply listing the place where you plan to sit your assessments at Level 4.

Regards
    I have now left AAT. If you require any assistance with the forums, please contact membership support: https://www.aat.org.uk/contact-us
Privacy Policy