AAT response time for Exam Results Appeals!

Does anyone know how long it takes the AAT to respond to an appeal on exam results? My college have submitted a group appeal as loads of us failed our Personal Tax exam, and just wondering how long it takes, and if anyone has had a successful appeal previously?!

Comments

• Bexster
    Bexster Registered Posts: 31
    Could you let me know how you get on with this, as most of my group also failed our Personal Tax exams too not long ago. Thanks
  • hkr
    hkr Registered Posts: 8
    Exactly the same with Personal Tax at my college...
  • ljh1993
    ljh1993 Registered Posts: 5
    Bexster said:

Could you let me know how you get on with this, as most of my group also failed our Personal Tax exams too not long ago. Thanks

hkr said:

Exactly the same with Personal Tax at my college...

That's interesting! I wonder how many others are in the same boat! My tutors seem to think there was some sort of error with the exam? It is now seeming more likely!
  • hkr
    My tutors said exactly the same. We are also waiting on an appeal, very interesting to know it's not just us!
  • welshwizard
    welshwizard Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    The national pass rate is only about 56%. I wonder if there is an 'issue' with this paper.
  • Bexster
    Has anybody heard about their appeal yet?
  • Bexster
    I've just had my results and failed Ptax for the third time... whats going on!!
  • hkr
    I'm on my third too. No problems with any of the others, seriously considering calling it a day and starting a different optional unit
  • Bexster
    hkr said:

I'm on my third too. No problems with any of the others, seriously considering calling it a day and starting a different optional unit

Did you hear from your appeal?
  • ljh1993
    My tutor said that we had 10days left to hear back about the appeal (this was on 29th August). Not sure if they do working days or not. Apparently results are bad across the entire country and they don't think the exam was consistent with previous papers or with the other units. We have been warned that previous appeals haven't worked and are still preparing for a resit in a few weeks. But still hoping we get some positive news!

Surely with the amount of people failing and appealing results they have to do something?!
  • hkr
    Our appeal got us nowhere. We've been told we will just have to resit ,not one person in the class of 20 passed...
  • ljh1993
    hkr said:

Our appeal got us nowhere. We've been told we will just have to resit ,not one person in the class of 20 passed...

That is awful! You must feel so defeated. Keep at it - I am thinking when we hear back from our appeal we will have the same news!
  • Bexster
    Surely there is something not right with this exam, I have my re sit in just over a week but already feeling I'm not going to pass it with what people are saying.... glad I'm not on my own!!
  • ljh1993
    So, our appeal didn't even get a response! We are now preparing to resit on 28th Sept. :(
  • rosiefaith
    rosiefaith Registered Posts: 17
    At our college we have a day and night class. Only 4 passed PT in the day and none passed from the night class.
    My tutor told us that at an AAT event a lot of tutors were complaining the pass rate for Personal Tax.
    I finally passed this third time lucky but not by much!
Privacy Policy