Personal Tax Exam

What are people's thoughts.....

I have just found out I have failed this exam for the fourth time :(
Is anyone else struggling with this exam or is it just me?

Thanks

Comments

• hkr
    hkr Registered Posts: 8
    I called it a day and switched to another optional unit after my third attempt. Too many tales of college appeals and multiple fails when it comes to that exam for my liking. I want to be confident when I go into an exam that I have the best chance of passing provided I have put in enough work, and I don't feel like that about Personal Tax anymore
  • Bexster
    Bexster Registered Posts: 31
    hkr said:

I called it a day and switched to another optional unit after my third attempt. Too many tales of college appeals and multiple fails when it comes to that exam for my liking. I want to be confident when I go into an exam that I have the best chance of passing provided I have put in enough work, and I don't feel like that about Personal Tax anymore

What other exam did you decide to sit after that??
    I might look at changing it then!
  • BlueJeans
    BlueJeans Registered Posts: 56
    Was it very different from the online one?
    Any tips, Bexster?

P.s. I am very sorry to hear you failed again, good luck whatever you decide to get on with
    Believe you can and you're halfway there...
  • wabisabi
    wabisabi Registered Posts: 130 Epic contributor 🐘
    I found it very difficult in the sense that there were a lot more computations than I'd expected, based on the (one) practice assessment on the AAT site. I started very slowly and carefully and ended up in a real panic going back and forward between questions trying pick up a few easy marks while the clock was ticking down!

AAT are not providing adequate practice material for this (and BTAX) and tutors / providers are failing students by not preparing them for what to expect in the exam. Training providers will use the excuse that they don't see live assessments, but they do debrief students and could use this information to help others to be better prepared.
  • BlueJeans
    BlueJeans Registered Posts: 56
    You absolutely right wabisabi.
    Sometimes I find it funny that I passed easily the hardest level 4 exams and yet I am still struggling with taxes....
    Believe you can and you're halfway there...
Privacy Policy