Windows 10

Options
Janej
Janej Registered Posts: 50 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi
Has anyone upgraded to Windows 10 and did you encounter any problems with running your software after upgrade?
I am currently on Windows 7 and using VT Transaction+ and Moneysoft for payroll. I work on my own with just my laptop so I dont want to upgrade to 10 and have to spend loads of time getting everything back up and running and sorting out problem post upgrade.
I would appreciate any advice on this
Thanks
Jane

Comments

• MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    Options
    Hi Jane
    There was a thread on the Aweb (VT discussion group) that may be of interest.

http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/group-thread/will-vt-software-be-compatible-windows-10

Not sure about Moneysoft, other users may comment.
  • Janej
    Options
    Hi MarieNoelle
    Thanks for that. I have an email from both VT and Moneysoft to say their software willl run on 10 but I was just wondering if anyone had actually had any experience of the upgrade and if they'd experienced any problems.
    Jane
  • kelsmick
    kelsmick Registered Posts: 89
    Options
    I upgraded when it first came out and had a few problems. My emails weren't sending, i was receiving them fine but it it wasn't until someone called me looking for my reply that i had noticed all my emails for the previous 2 days were sat in the outbox! The fix was fairly easy and from what I found when i was looking for how to fix this seemed to be a common issue. I've not had any major issues, a few things here and there like the computer crashing, which it never done before however i can't be 100% this is from the upgrade and not just coincidence.

I personally love windows 10, i find it much easier to move around and work with - having the start button back for a start!

I've not had any software issues either.
    www.essencebookkeeping.co.uk
  • Janej
    Options
    Hi kelsmick
    Thanks for the info. I might bite the bullet and upgrade!
    Jane
Privacy Policy