Discussion forums suggestions/requests

StuartW
StuartW Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
What would you like to see on these forums? Whether it's a topic area or new functionality, please leave your suggestions and requests here.

Comments

• AAT14
    AAT14 Registered Posts: 1
    Am having trouble using the online exam practice tools. They load up but some buttons appear missing on the first page, therefore I cannot start the exam!?! HELP please!!! ASAP
  • StuartW
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    StuartW said:

What would you like to see on these forums? Whether it's a topic area or new functionality, please leave your suggestions and requests here.

A few more ;):):blush: to choose from...
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    I would be interested to know whether the distinction between the full member/fellow member/MIP is actually relevant - I find that members end up posting duplicates in all the categories. Maybe a distinction industry/practice may be more useful?
  • StuartW
    @MarieNoelle It's a fair question, and one that seems to arise periodically. Historically the consensus generally seems to have been that MIPs appreciate their own area as the issues one faces when running a business could be presumed to differ from those of someone employed by a firm.

I'd be interested to hear more views on this - would industry/practice be a more useful distinction that membership section?

• MarieNoelle
    Links to old threads do not seem to work?
  • StuartW
    @MarieNoelle They should redirect to a working version - can you show me an example and I'll check it out please? Ta!
  • StuartW
    @MarieNoelle Are you referring to the one you tried to link to here? I think the link text was wrong - I've corrected and edited, you should be able to access it now. :)
  • MarieNoelle
    Thank you @StuartW - I can see it works now! :#
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    edited October 2014
    I'm finding the new forum difficult to read, need to scroll carefully to distinguish comments from signatures and other texts. The old forum used to have a different background color for signatures and perhaps the user's title (eg. Trusted regular), total posts and register users should be moved on the right? If you know what I mean...
    it would be more tidy and easy to read
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    in addition to my above comments, a thicker line to separate the messages I think would be handy, see this photo
  • StuartW
    @Londina Thanks for your feedback - I'm not sure at this point how difficult that would be to implement, but I've added to the list of things to consider.
  • Dace
    Dace Registered Posts: 5
    Hello Stuart,
    attending forum is my scream for help...
    If you are administrator in this web or you have any access to people who work on/in this web, please pass the info to make life easier for you and for us:
    whenever there are answers to tasks, is it too hard to show calculations within the answer?! Green tests is created in usable way. Simply genius people... Thanks.
  • Dace
    Dace Registered Posts: 5
    And other issue... how about TAB if it goes the logical way when doing tasks?
  • BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor 🐘
    edited November 2014
    Dace said:

And other issue... how about TAB if it goes the logical way when doing tasks?

You know this is the 'discussion forum suggestions' category right?

http://forums.aat.org.uk/discussion/440050/how-to-use-the-feedback-for-aat-section#latest

You may want this link.

B
  • leption
    leption Registered Posts: 36
    I would like to see AAT set the online assessments so we don't have to keep scrolling up and down the screens to answer the questions. People tend to loose their line of thought by the time they go back to the questions. Why do you have to set the questions like that? Also, why not explain to us how the marks are worked out. It would be nice if the practice assessments explain how they get the answers with an explanation and the workings. I also think AAT should let more employers know about their courses. They are good courses, but you don't see a lot of advert for AAT anymore. AAT needs to market themselves more, its a good course and I would recommend anyone to do it.
  • StuartW
    Thanks for the feedback @leption, I'll make sure it's passed along to the relevant parties.
  • StuartW
    Hi @leption, I have a response from the team responsible for the sample assessments:
    Thank you for your feedback on our sample assessments, it’s incredibly useful for us to hear how our content is being received.

In regards to the question of scrolling, since AAT assessment material will often include developed tasks, this will sometimes mean candidates have to make use of information provided further up the page. While we feel these richer tasks provide a more valid assessment, we recognise that this can be frustrating to candidates so include data in pop-up windows where possible. This allows candidates to place the information they need alongside the answer area.

If you feel a specific assessment task or tasks would benefit from reduced scrolling, do let us know and we can review the material.

As for additional information on how answers were reached, this is best provided by your tutor. They will be able to supply this information more effectively since they can frame it within the context of your course.
  • leption
    leption Registered Posts: 36
    Why do we only get 2 hrs for PTAX exam when we have 11 tasks? Other exams for example Budgeting we get 2.5hrs for eight tasks, where is the logic in that?
  • wabisabi
    wabisabi Registered Posts: 130 Epic contributor 🐘
    Why can't we delete old posts on the forum? I appreciate this could be confusing if it was part of an exchange, but perhaps there could be a place holder indicating "post deleted"? Also, if no-one has replied (or acknowledged your reply to their post) it should be easy to allow deletes.
  • SianaT
    SianaT Registered Posts: 30 πŸ€– Admin πŸ€–
    Hi @wabisabi - we don't allow users to delete their own content as it can lead to issues with spamming. However, we are able to delete comments on your behalf. Please send an email to siana.tulley@aat.org.uk with instructions as to the content you'd like to be deleted and we'll take care of that for you.
  • SianaT
    Hi @leption - sorry for the late reply to your post. We're looking into this for you and we'll get in touch with some more information on this shortly. Thank You for your feedback.
  • wabisabi
    wabisabi Registered Posts: 130 Epic contributor 🐘
    SianaT said:

Hi @wabisabi - we don't allow users to delete their own content as it can lead to issues with spamming. However, we are able to delete comments on your behalf. Please send an email to siana.tulley@aat.org.uk with instructions as to the content you'd like to be deleted and we'll take care of that for you.

Hi @SianaT what sort of issues with spamming? It seems a reasonable piece of functionality that users would expect as standard (we have it on Facebook, Twitter etc). It would be too much trouble to email you.
  • SianaT
    Hi @wabisabi - the functionality that enables users to delete their own posts also allows users to edit old posts. So, old posts could be edited to include spam links.
  • SianaT
    leption said:

Why do we only get 2 hrs for PTAX exam when we have 11 tasks? Other exams for example Budgeting we get 2.5hrs for eight tasks, where is the logic in that?

Hi @leption - we've had a chat with our assessments team and they've advised that not all questions need the same amount of time. The time allowed for an assessment is set by our subject matter experts to allow a well-prepared student to complete the tasks and check their work without feeling time-pressured.
  • Sugerlips
    Sugerlips Registered Posts: 3
    Hi, I am presently residing in Seoul, South Korea, I am studying AAT Level 4 and in order for me to take an examination I have to go out of the country to find an overseas examination centre; would it be possible to set up a centre at the British council in Seoul. There is a large diversity of Ex pat community here.There are examination centre in Singapore and Hong Kong and even Beijing...what are the possibilities of having one in Seoul?
    Thanks.
Privacy Policy