Annoying and costly marketing gimmicks

Options
wabisabi
wabisabi Registered Posts: 130 Epic contributor 🐘
I know most people will disagree with me but I feel that some of the money that AAT spend on marketing gimmicks could be much better spent on improving online resources.

Yesterday I received in the post a leaflet about e-resources which I have been using regularly since L2. Why did they send this? As well as a good quality leaflet (which went straight into the recycling box) there was a plastic word puzzle thing which is not recyclable. And then there were the thousands of pairs of green AAT socks they sent out recently (which everyone seemed to love judging by the comments on FB)? What about sustainability?!

Comments

• BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I never received any of these socks!! Disappointed to say the least....
    B x
  • shamil91
    shamil91 Registered Posts: 94 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi there,

You do have to bare in mind AAT is only trying to advertise, for example with the socks if you had the socks and you wear them someone is most likely to see them and will ask about AAT, its a marketing idea. AAT is like a business they are looking to make profit along with supporting all its members. When you go to the university fair they will give you free pens, pencils etc this is like a selling point in terms of advertising for the university. If you wanted extra materials etc there is also open tuition they do have really good notes to help AAT students aswell. Please see link :

http://opentuition.com/aat/

Kind regards

Shamil Karia
  • Neillaw
    Neillaw Registered Posts: 307 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Socks!!!
  • shamil91
    Options
    Thank for the dislike, just for sharing an opinion I really appreciate it :-)
  • BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    @shamil91 it isn't a dislike- it's a disagree. Also an opinion.

...again- where are my socks? Still none!

B x
  • shamil91
    Options
    Hi Becca,

No problem that is fine, email AAT and see what they say, they might send a pair out for you

Kind regards

Shamil
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Haven't received the socks, but I agree, I receive so much marketing posts (the latest I remember was a massive poster which apart for being useless, was also not recyclable..)

I would rather see money used to improve this forum....
Privacy Policy