Vote up/Vote down...

BeccaLouJ9
BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor 🐘
Where have the agree/disagree buttons gone? And Like? was it..? I see 'LOL' is still there.

Interesting change.

We shall see how this goes...

B

Comments

• MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
  • BeccaLouJ9
    Oh haha, didn't even see that post!

B x
  • SianaT
    SianaT Registered Posts: 30 🤖 Admin 🤖
    Hi @BeccaLouJ9 and @MarieNoelle - we've replaced the 'agree, disagree' tool with ' 'vote up, vote down'; this means that the answers with the highest number of votes climb to the top of the thread, allowing new visitors to see the best answers first. It's a bit like Yahoo Answers: https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090407160729AAVDOb1
  • MarieNoelle
    ... I am still not convinced this is appropriate for this forum. Most threads have to be read as a whole and posts usually follow on from each other (I.e. Someone asks a question, next post is to get clarification, OP clarifies etc...). If posts are reorganised randomly according to vote we may lose vital information.
  • SianaT
    SianaT Registered Posts: 30 🤖 Admin 🤖
    Thanks for your feedback @MarieNoelle - it's something we're just trialing for the moment and we're open to reverting to the old set up of this doesn't prove useful. Thank you again.
  • BeccaLouJ9
    @MarieNoelle AGREE.

I also liked agreeing or disagreeing rather than voting- I don't think voting is necessarily the most appropriate response to posts on here.

B x
  • MarieNoelle
    I agree with you @BeccaLouJ9 but my only option to show my agreement was to vote up for you. Does it mean that your post is now bumped up at the top of the thread? :/
  • BeccaLouJ9
    haha it just said at the bottom of my screen 'Congratulations you've been promoted to level 2' or something similar!

I don't get it!
    B x
  • BeccaLouJ9
    .. Ooh something's a-changing... Like is back.. Vote down is gone...

Privacy Policy