Im now qualified. Whats next?

I have recently qualified
I'm unsure of where to go from here...
I have to stay with my current employer until the beginning of next year so I have a whole year to see what to do next
I've been thinking about become a freelance accountant on the side when I'm not working so currently looking in to that,
however I want to know what more possibilities are out there!
Anyone suggest anything or tell me what they have done after AAT just to hear real stories?

I've looked over the AAT website but hearing from actual members would be great

Are there any additional courses I can do this year that may help for the future?

Comments

• rakeshsuwal
    rakeshsuwal Registered Posts: 79
    How about studying towards chartered accounting or ATT?
  • rakeshsuwal
    also congratulation on finishing AAT.
  • beckytorpey
    beckytorpey Registered Posts: 6
    Thanks for the reply, I have been thinking about Chartered accounting, any recommendations on which one? ACA, or ACCA I hear theres not much difference
  • rakeshsuwal
    I personally wanted to study ACA but you will need to find a training partner and is on a contract. They will fund for your study too. With ACCA its flexible on exams timing i heard. Most people I heard wanted to do ACCA but most articles i read, they wanted to study ACA. It would be best to apply for ACA training contract and definitely go for it if you get one. ACCA could be 2nd option.
  • beckytorpey
    That's great, I've already had the accountant at our company offer to take me on next year for this contract if they have space and I pass the interview. So this looks like my best bet. Any advice for what I can occupy myself with this year leading up to? any short courses that might be handy, thanks for the replies
  • KernowAccountant
    KernowAccountant Registered Posts: 103 Epic contributor 🐘

That's great, I've already had the accountant at our company offer to take me on next year for this contract if they have space and I pass the interview. So this looks like my best bet. Any advice for what I can occupy myself with this year leading up to? any short courses that might be handy, thanks for the replies

ATT. It cost me less than £1,000. I studdied for, and sat, the tax papers in two months. The law and ethics papers I did over the following few six(ish) weeks.

It's an excellent, practical, qualification and far superior to AAT.
  • beckytorpey
    Oh that's great, who did you study with or get the course material off?
    I was just having a look on the Kaplan website at the course
  • rakeshsuwal
    You are quite some steps ahead of me in this field. I only have plans but no accounting jobs yet. I am still studying AAT level 3(halfway through). If it was me, I would ask my manager. He can help you a lot in your next steps.
  • beckytorpey
    Thanks rakeshsuwal
Privacy Policy