What Software are you using?

Hi All.

I just wanted to find out what software you guys are using, I have had previous experience with Keytime (PC based) and really like the UI. I realise a lot of small traders/contractors, and even LTD's are starting to use cloud based (Xero and Kashflow to mention a few) and I know the number of people turning to these solutions will only grow so I wondered if the time was right to learn and implement a similar strategy in my new practice?

so the question is.... what do you guys use? and I guess why would you recommend it!

thanks
Mark

Comments

• MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    I assume you are talking about bookkeeping software?
    I use VT as it makes it very easy to then produce accounts and it links well with my tax software (taxcalc). I have a couple of clients on Xero (not mad about the software but clients already had it), and I have just started on FreeAgent.
    If clients want to do their bookkeeping I find a cloud based solution is better than VT.
    There is so much choice now. I guess your choice will be down to your budget and what your clients already use.
  • HorleyAccountants
    HorleyAccountants Registered Posts: 4
    Hi Marie? thanks for the reply, what I'm looking for is a complete suite like keytime offer... not sure what xero offers for accountancy practices but it just seems like bookkeeping software with bolt ons....

cheers
    Mark
  • stevo5678
    stevo5678 Registered Posts: 325
    Taxcalc does everything and is good value
  • MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    stevo5678 said:

Taxcalc does everything and is good value

I like it too although I do not use the account production module. And it's not cloud based.
  • stevo5678
    The accounts production module is great, similar to Iris. I don't know of any practice software that is cloud based? I l know that Taxcalc are working on a cloud based version (as I imagine the others are).
  • stevo5678
    I don't think any of the main ones are in that case (Iris, Digita, CCH, Taxcalc, VT).
Privacy Policy