How to submit company accounts to companies house

Hi I have earlier submitted my accounts to HMRC but due to some reason it was not submitted to Companies house,
Now I'm trying to submit it to Companies house but it's directing me to HMRC where I have already submitted the FORM CT600
Please advise how can I file the company accounts

Comments

• burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    A long time since I filed without software. I believe you have two options. The joint filing method for HMRC and CH. If that is what you have used and it has not worked then you should be able to file using webfiling at Companies House.
    Regards,

Burg
  • Caroleanne
    Caroleanne Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
    Hi

I think you can file them direct on companies house web site, using the same log in details that you use to file annual return.
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘

Hi

I think you can file them direct on companies house web site, using the same log in details that you use to file annual return.

yeah I'm wondering the same, can accounts be filed using Online HMRC service for both HMRC and Companies House (tax return included) without the need of a software?
  • MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    edited October 2016
    HMRC free software will be withdrawn for agents for Accounting periods ending after 31st December 2015 so if you are an agent you will need to file CT via a commercial software.

Edit: I assume the web filing on Cie House is still available.
  • Londina
    thanks @MarieNoelle , I have just checked and looks like there is no way to submit the accounts online without a software :-( I guess paper filing is no longer available?
  • MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    Companies must file their CT return on line.
  • Londina
    edited October 2016

Companies must file their CT return on line.

what about final accounts with Companies House? are paper still accepted? maybe for CT online a iXBRL Conversion Software could be good and cheaper? Maybe I should ask this question in the MIP forum, as this is for students
  • burg
    Can file on paper to CH but most software has ability to file direct to CH and HMRC.
    Regards,

Burg
  • Londina
    burg said:

Can file on paper to CH but most software has ability to file direct to CH and HMRC.

thanks Burg! yeah with the software there are no problems, but I was wondering about filing without one, as it's too expensive to use a software just for 1 set of accounts.

• burg
    You used to be able to go onto CH and complete it either online or on a PDF with submission capabilities. Ages since I've used it though.

Just did a quick log in to CH. There is an option to file accounts and also a file with CH and HMRC. Never used it but it is there!
    Regards,

Burg
  • Londina
    burg said:

Just did a quick log in to CH. There is an option to file accounts and also a file with CH and HMRC. Never used it but it is there!

Many thanx @burg to check it out, very kind of you. I'll try that option and see how it goes!

Privacy Policy