Anyone else received a PM like this?

Has anyone received a PM like this. I have received 2 so far.

"It's my pleasure to contact you here, Am xxxx by name I have no much time here to tell you all about me or to respond to your message please kindly email me on this my email address ( xxxxx@hotmail.com ) only there i can respond to you properly and tell you all about me and why i contacted you hope to hear from you soonest.thanks
Yours new Friend"

I have no idea who this person is. I have received 2 PMs so far. The wording is typical scam email wording.

I have informed the person in question not to PM me.

Comments

• BenA
    BenA Registered Posts: 56
    Yeah, had the same thing today too. 2 mails also.
  • Caroleanne
    Caroleanne Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
    Yes and me, deleted
  • MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    @James_B
    It seems this young lady is sending spam messages (I had one too) and she keeps reappearing under different names. Please could you have a look? Thanks!
  • AAT_Team
    AAT_Team Administrator Posts: 502 🤖 Admin 🤖
    Morning all, I'm hoping I've taken steps to stop this individual creating new profiles. We'll keep an eye out for any new users that might appear. Thanks for letting us know - James
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    I got some and tried to ban her but it wouldn't allwo me @James_B ? It just froze? I see she is now banned though.
    Regards,

Burg
  • AAT_Team
    AAT_Team Administrator Posts: 502 🤖 Admin 🤖
    Hi @burg yes she's banned and shouldn't be able to create any new profiles. I've also chased up with Vanilla (Who built the foums) to see why deleting isn't working correctly. I'm expecting this will get fixed today. Thanks
  • MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    burg said:

I got some and tried to ban her but it wouldn't allwo me @James_B ? It just froze? I see she is now banned though.

Yes I tried that too!
Privacy Policy