HMRC self assessment - new identity questions

Options
clare222
clare222 Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
Hi, Has anyone else tried to access a new clients online self assessment and been greeted with asking for access codes, NI number, DOB and passport details etc? Feel uncomfortable about providing all this information in case it is not legitimate and/or secure. I was wondering if anyone else has had any experience of this or if someone can confirm that this is a new legitimate means of registering/accessing online self assessment. Thanks

Comments

• Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Are you logging in through your agent portal? I saw this when a client logged in to their own account using my laptop because the site recognised it was a different device but have never seen it on my agent portal.
  • Neillaw
    Neillaw Registered Posts: 307 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I've just logged onto my own account and was sent a text message with a pass number just to be able to access my account.
    I never have this problem when logging onto my agent account, seriously considering sending myself a 64-8 form just to bypass this check.
  • clare222
    clare222 Registered Posts: 13 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi Gem7321 and Neillaw. Thanks for your replies. I have only come across it when the client has tried to log in on their account not through my agent portal. Looks like this might be a new set up. :)
Privacy Policy