Not a lot of activity in here is there ?

TreadStone
TreadStone Registered Posts: 280 Epic contributor 🐘
I realise that people have busy lifestyles and don't wish to spend their valuable time on forums, but general activity in here is pretty low. Given that large numbers of folk have turned their nose up at Accounting Web's new website, I thought a few may poke their head in here.

I'll be honest and say since I registered on the forums a few years ago, I haven't been a regular participant but that's mainly because I'm employed and only work Licensed around the day job (for now).

It's a shame really that it's not a bit more active, maybe AAT need to promote it to their Licensed Accountants more ? Offer a discount on their annual fees if they are regular posters I say.... ;)=)

Comments

• burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Back in the day when I first started out the forums were very active. However they were running on a very old forum platform. When this got updated so many struggled with the new system that it seemed to stop the activity just like that.

When I started out I had many questions many of them things I actually knew but wanted reassurance and the forums were a great place as you didn't get shot down like on AWeb. It is a shame that there is less on here now as I check a few times a day and contribute where I can.
    Regards,

Burg
  • MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    Same feelings here. The forums have lost many valuable contributors when the update took place, it was unavailable for such a long time that people gave up. AWEB is trying a different approach by releasing a work in progress version and this isn't very popular either.
    It seems that the students forums are still fairly busy (I guess it that time of the year) but the full members and licensed accountants ones are very very quiet.
    I visit every day but there is not a lot happening. It also doesn't help that some people are not very forthcoming in giving feedback!
  • BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor 🐘
    There used to be a lot more 'chat' too. But there were a lot less people then, so felt more of a community I suppose.

There are so many student q's now, which is great, don't get me wrong, but a lot of it is duplicated, I think maybe the search function may need emphasising a little more! :)

Pet hate: the 'results' threads.. asking when people results have been released... 5 weeks 1 day, 2 weeks 3 days etc etc.... :) but I guess I'm just a humbug! :)

There are still some of the 'oldies' left on here. But as you say the update kind of lost most.

(I realise my contribution to the thread is largely pointless in this discussion, but hey, fancied throwing my two pence worth in!)

B xxx
  • MarieNoelle
    Always great to hear you contribution @BeccaLouJ9 ;-)
  • MarieNoelle

Pet hate: the 'results' threads.. asking when people results have been released... 5 weeks 1 day, 2 weeks 3 days etc etc.... :) but I guess I'm just a humbug! :)

Oh come on, don't tell me you weren't checking your MyAAT every day for your results!
    At least with the ATT and CIOT you are just given a date so no need to check constantly.

You grumpy so and so
    :#
  • MarieNoelle
    mrme89 said:

I pop along most days and most days I click straight off because there are no new posts.

It’s a shame because it’s a good atmosphere for a forum. The odd pleb, but it is the tinterweb.

Still, there’s some great people that are very helpful so I won’t be leaving.

Phew, you are still around! Thought you had given up!
  • BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor 🐘
    Ha @MarieNoelle look at you all techy knowing how to hide stuff!! :)

I'll admit I was checking MyAAT from the day the exams were sat, but I didn't go on every other day about whether everyone else had their's at a certain time or what not... The posters seem to think that if they know when everyone else gets their's, then their's will come at that exact time too... It's random- when your results are available they are put up! :) Haa I love being a grump!

B xx
  • TreadStone
    TreadStone Registered Posts: 280 Epic contributor 🐘
    Well at least that stoked the fire a bit.... =)
  • stevo5678
    stevo5678 Registered Posts: 325
    The old style forum just felt a lot more user friendly and approachable. Just shows that these type of websites inc AW need to be very careful about what changes they make.

Hopefully it will pick up.
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I've been really busy so haven't been on here as often as I'd like. Sorry!
  • Sharon123
    Sharon123 Registered Posts: 80
    I've spoken to people at AAT events that didn't know about these discussion forums. Some were students and some MIP. Perhaps some more promotion would help?
  • MarieNoelle
    Sharon123 said:

I've spoken to people at AAT events that didn't know about these discussion forums. Some were students and some MIP. Perhaps some more promotion would help?

A question for @AAT_Team maybe?
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I used to be a regular on the forums when we used the old style. I really don't get on with this new style. Come on AAT, re-style us again !!
  • MarieNoelle
    Still, a lot easier to use than the new style Aweb :)
Privacy Policy