Best way to redo project if failed (passed everything else)?

Options
Hello! I do my AAT level 4 course in evening classes twice a week. I work full time during the day.

I haven't failed the project (Chic Paints Ltd) just yet but the prognosis is poor. I think my recent submission will be at an acceptable standard but there is only one or two weeks left to submit it. Sadly I do it in evening classes so that gives me at best one more lesson to get my project to a sufficient standard and then send it off. From what I understand the deadline is the 6th of July but that is the exam day so I would probably be unable to confer with my tutor about it.

Of course, even if I do pass I may fail because I accidentally threw out my feedback sheet which was received along with my work after the first draft was marked (if I had known it was critical to my success I would have kept it!) I know, I'm a complete idiot. Sadly, the lack of optimism on the part of my tutor hasn't left me in high hopes.

So I could be looking at a failure for the project (I will say there is a 65% chance). It is a kick in the balls indeed because I have passed everything else. I seriously believed I had AAT Level 4 in the bag but yesterday I watched as everything started to come apart at the seams.

Anyway, it is looking like I will have to do the project again and from what I suspect that would require me to come back next year to do the project in evening classes for yet another year. However I may be wrong so that is why I am requesting your help.

a) Is there any way I could do just the project on its own remotely without having to go to college just to do it? I don't even know if they would take someone on for just one module/unit. It would be awesome if I could just do it over the summer from home or something and upon completion the powers that be recognise that by completing the project I have passed all six modules and consider me Level 4 qualified. Last thing I want is for them to not have access to my successful modules and ask me to do them all again!

b) Would I receive my AAT Level 4 qualification as soon as my new project is submitted? For example if I submitted a completed project in November would I receive a qualification in January or would I have to wait until the end of the teaching year e.g. August or September?

Basically I don't want to have to sign up for a full year at college (£1,500 or so) just to do the project and then have to wait until September 2017 to receive my certificate. I have high hopes of doing my ACCA and I am relying on the AAT Level 4 qualification so I can get the required experience to achieve my ACCA. My previous plans and schedules have pretty much been derailed.

Thanks for any help. If you need any clarification then let me know. This is something I am concerned and frustrated about and would welcome any direction you could provide.

Comments

• AAT_Team
    AAT_Team Administrator Posts: 502 🤖 Admin 🤖
    Options
    Hi @Turnip - yes you can do the project as a single module with many of our distance learning training providers, i.e Kaplan Financial, BPP, and First Intuition. You would just purchase that module from them separately which they would assess for you. We still have records of all of your other completed modules so once you have completed the project, you'll be awarded the Level 4 Diploma, regardless of who you completed the project with.
  • Sharon123
    Sharon123 Registered Posts: 80
    Options
    I work full time and did all my AAT as a distance learning student. It will cost a lot less than college and you can work at your own pace. I think for most people the project is a difficult one. Good luck!
  • Turnip
    Turnip Registered Posts: 6
    edited June 2016
    Options
    AAT_Team said:

Hi @Turnip - yes you can do the project as a single module with many of our distance learning training providers, i.e Kaplan Financial, BPP, and First Intuition. You would just purchase that module from them separately which they would assess for you. We still have records of all of your other completed modules so once you have completed the project, you'll be awarded the Level 4 Diploma, regardless of who you completed the project with.

That is good news. It is a sigh of relief for me that these avenues exist. Hopefully I will know whether I've failed in a week or so and then I can plan accordingly. Many thanks.
  • Turnip
    Turnip Registered Posts: 6
    Options
    Sharon123 said:

I work full time and did all my AAT as a distance learning student. It will cost a lot less than college and you can work at your own pace. I think for most people the project is a difficult one. Good luck!

That is admittedly what I should have done instead of attend college for the three levels. It was a mistake on my part due to my lack of knowledge and my laziness (I live five minutes away from it.) If I go further in my studies past Level 4 I will most certainly be conducting all my business through distance learning.

Many thanks.
Privacy Policy