AAT Level 3 Accounts Prep FAILED AGAIN

Has anyone else had any problems with this exam? I have just failed it for the second time and I really didn't expect it as I felt fully prepared. I am studying from home and contemplating moving onto the next subject to try and regain some confidence before resitting for the third time but I'm worried about forgetting the information I have already learned. Has anyone had similar problems or moved on to a different subject?

Any advice would be appreciated !!!

Thanks

Comments

• NickCraggs
    NickCraggs Registered, Tutor Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    Don't get disheartened, you will get there. It is a hard subject. We have a blog about specifically getting ready for this exam:

http://www.firstintuition.co.uk/study-tips-for-level-3-accounts-preparation/

Good luck!
    Nick Craggs FMAAT AATQB ACA, AAT Branch Member and Distance Learning Director at First Intuition

firstintuition.co.uk/
  • frenchielsa
    frenchielsa Registered Posts: 3
    Hi @lucielowe I have failed this exam twice already, once in October and once in November I have decided to do all my other exam for level 3 before resitting again.
    And I passed them all first time.
    This is now june and I have booked my ACPR exam for the 21st and I am so stressed and you are right I have forgotten a lot but I preferred to keep the hardest exam for the end.
    I really hope I will be able to pass this time.
    Revising right now and still cannot understand everything :'(
    What have you decided to do in the end ?
  • judehughes
    judehughes Registered Posts: 3
    I've failed it twice too. It's very disheartening as it's the first one I've failed out of 4 in Level 3 which is why I'm looking on here for tips. Good luck.
  • frenchielsa
    frenchielsa Registered Posts: 3
    Good luck too @judehughes
  • judehughes
    Oh no :( I'm sitting mine next Monday. Just passed my final prep tonight so was ever so pleased. Just got to get back to this horrible one again. When are you resisting it?
    Good luck for both of us.
  • JoshJ1992
    JoshJ1992 Registered Posts: 75
    Hi lucielowe,

Have you completed the preparing final accounts for sole traders & partnerships unit? If not, I would recommend completing this and then taking both exams as some of the content in this unit will help understand some of the principles of accounts preparation as it follows on nicely. I failed accounts prep initially and re-took it after taking the preparing final accounts assessment and found it helped me in both units.

Good luck with it all
  • Priyah
    Priyah Registered Posts: 6
    I'm having the exact same problem! I have passed the preparing final accounts for sole traders and partnership unit first time and did the resit for accounts preparation after that. I have now failed for the second time. Is there any advice or recommendations from those that have passed?
  • kpawinska
    kpawinska Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Hi
    I also have the same problem :( i have passed the preparation final accounts for sole traders and partnership unit at first time, yesterday i failed accounts preparation unit for the second time.
  • judehughes
    Thanks I did pass on the third time. It is difficult I found sitting the last exam helped me with it, like the other guy said. Good luck all it'll come I was seriously wondering if I'd ever pass but you will.
Privacy Policy