How do you stay motivated?

I've just done my PTAX exam and have my BTAX exam next week and then I've completed AAT. Problem is I've completely lost my motivation to study. I work full time (was promised a pay increase on completing exams which hasn't happened - think this is making me feel a lot less motivated too). I'm pretty sure I failed my last exam as well. Can't seem to focus on the work anymore! Does anyone have any tips to keep motivated? Especially towards the end.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• David Ballantyne
    David Ballantyne Registered Posts: 105 New contributor 🐸
    Hi,

The reason we all do these exams is to develop our marketability. Most of us who do these exams want greater professional status and more money.

My suggestion is that you start marketing yourself. Start looking for another job. You may be pleasantly surprised at the roles you can get interviews for and the pay potential of those roles. This may well refresh your motivation.

Also, there is always the option of starting your own bookkeeping or accountancy practice. This option may provide you with great satisfaction and therefore motivation even as a small spare time venture.

Kind regards,

David.
    David Ballantyne
    Connect with me on LinkedIn!
    Ballantyne Accountants
  • Tsiknaki
    Tsiknaki Registered Posts: 13
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I know I need to start looking for a new job. And that it will all pay off in the end. Just trying at stay focused now is really difficult now with only one exam (and a probable resit) left.
  • David Ballantyne
    David Ballantyne Registered Posts: 105 New contributor 🐸
    Perhaps you just need a break and a reward. Do something that makes you feel good. Go shopping, have a weekend away or pursue your favourite activity.
    David Ballantyne
    Connect with me on LinkedIn!
    Ballantyne Accountants
Privacy Policy