Fees for bookkeeping

Hi guys!
I need an advice for fees. Planning to work as a bookkeeper from home, use sage and prepare everything up to trial balance. I have one client already and she is a sole trader, runs the shop and decided to charge her £0.45 per transaction + every quarter for VAT return £75. Are these prices reasonable or a bit too much? Because client said that it's becoming too much. Can someone advise for the other ways to charge? I am new to this so want to make my price list very reasonable. Many thanks for advises!

Comments

• gitaraback
    gitaraback Registered Posts: 9
    Hi, I don't know yet. But I read somewhere to charge like this. That's why I am looking for any advise because I want to charge a reasonable price.
  • gitaraback
    So, should I just charge per hour and that's it?
  • gitaraback
    What should I charge for VAT return? Because I would do their books up tp trial balance because my client is sole trader. Should I charge then hourly and e.g. £75 for VAT return every quarter? Many thanks for your advise.
  • gitaraback
    Can you please tell me as well, what do you do when you do self assessment for client? Do you charge some extra? Or you include in some of your fees?
  • gitaraback
    Can you please let me know how much do you charge? Thank you again for the advise.
  • gitaraback
    Even for those clients to who you were doing bookkeeping?
  • gitaraback
    Thank you very much for your help. It was very helpful. Now I can make a proper price list!
  • Neillaw
    Neillaw Registered Posts: 307 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    First point of call should be Burg's MIP's fee's survey.
Privacy Policy