Mortgage References & Coventry Building Society

burg
burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
Anyone else had resistance from Coventry Building Society on mortgage references. I'm not getting full resistance as yet but have got the following note when they were asking for clarification on increased profits...

PLEASE NOTE - At the Coventry we have a strict policy in regards to which accountancy bodies we accept and unfortunately MAAT does not meet our lending policy criteria. As such we request that you look to have the reference countersigned by a member of, fellowship of or associate of one of the following professional bodies: Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICA) - Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) - Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) - Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA)- Association of Authorised Public Accountants (APA) - Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy (CIPFA) - Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT) - Association of International Accountants (AIA)

Regards,

Burg

Comments

• burg
    Thanks @mrme89
    Regards,

Burg
  • burg
    edited August 2016
    Not had it before also not come accross this CML agreement. Have saved a copy.

As I say at this stage it does not appear there will be major issues but things could get worse. At least I have document to back me up now. Thanks
    Regards,

Burg
  • mike1983
    mike1983 Registered Posts: 48 Regular contributor ⭐
    I sent a mortgage reference to them for a client last year. They rejected it as I was AAT. I had to get a chartered accountant to countersign his accounts before they would accept it.

Privacy Policy