Can you pay for an level 4 exam to be marked quicker?

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone knew if I could pay for my PTAX exam to be marked quicker. I have been offered a job but this rests on the outcome of this last exam. I took the exam on the 13th of July, I know it can take 6 weeks to be marked but the job offer could be retracted and given to someone else as the employer are looking for an immediate appointment. Basically they given me a week and a bit to see if there is anything I can do.

Any help at this stage would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ryan

Comments

• nat_99
    nat_99 Registered Posts: 2
    Hiya, did you find out if this was possible?
  • ryand1310
    ryand1310 Registered Posts: 3
    Hi,

I finally got a reply from AAT this afternoon funnily enough. Unfortunately they have advised this cannot be done. Strange as I know the exam board do this for other exams (law). I'm surprised in this day and age this isn't possible. It only took AAT 2 and a half weeks to respond though.... Membership fees?
  • nat_99
    nat_99 Registered Posts: 2
    Tell me about it! I thought it would be possible as when you are with someone like Kaplan they normally provisionally mark your exam and then you just have to wait a few extra weeks for the official result from aat so thought it may have been an option! Found out today my tutor has kindly gone on leave for 2 weeks as of the day I submitted my ISYS report which I was expecting a response for next week as per the 10 working day marking rule!
  • ryand1310
    ryand1310 Registered Posts: 3
    Safe to say I won't becoming a full member of the AAT once I am qualified, shambles of an organisation. :angry:
  • AAT_Team
    AAT_Team Administrator Posts: 502 πŸ€– Admin πŸ€–
    Hi Ryan, sorry you feel that way. In the case of exam results, AAT is actually a quicker process than other exams, such as ACCA HM exams for example and CIMA slightly longer.
  • BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor 🐘
    edited August 2016
    If and when you decide to do a further qualification you will be positively thrilled with the time it takes AAT to mark your exam papers! I just waited 11 weeks for my CTA results! But I would rather they took that time and marked it right instead of rushing through it and possibly missing some points I'd made.

:)

B
  • CeeJaySix
    CeeJaySix Registered Posts: 645
    AAT-Team - agreed on the exam marking, but have to say in the past I have also waited several days for responses to e-mails, ICAEW usually respond within 48hrs at the outside, often same day.

RyanD, as far as I'm aware no other accountancy bodies offer accelerated results.
  • AAT_Team
    AAT_Team Administrator Posts: 502 πŸ€– Admin πŸ€–
    @CeeJaySix we are constantly trying to improve our response rate - which email address did you use? Perhaps I can forward on some feedback.
  • CeeJaySix
    CeeJaySix Registered Posts: 645
    @AAT_Team - I'm afraid I have no idea, this would have been a couple of years ago now.
Privacy Policy