Correction journals on Sage

Options
I can't work out how to do this simple journal on Sage. I need to cr creditors control for a specific supplier and dr intercompany account. In the corresponding company I need to dr creditors control for the same supplier and cr intercompany account. Really easy on paper but in Sage it won't allocate the entry against the supplier and therefore the balance is still there. Can this be done?

Comments

• Rozzi Rainbow
    Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Yes, with journals on Sage you can only post to the creditors control account, not the individual supplier account. I would do this by posting a invoice in one company, and credit note in the other company. You can change the nominal code the invoice/credit note is posted to, to your intercompany account.

This should work as long as your intercompany account isn't a bank account on Sage. If it is, you will need to post a supplier payment in one company and supplier receipt in the other, to the intercompany account, instead of an invoice/credit note (as you can't post invoices/credit notes to a bank account).
Privacy Policy