CGT on divorce

Gem7321
Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
I have recently gained a new client who informed me that she was divorced but implied that the divorce had been dealt with and finalised etc. in the previous tax year by the previous accountant. It now seems it hasn't.

I am considering disengagement as I have now reviewed the consent order and it seems there are fairly complex CGT issues involved for 2015/16. But before I disengage, I wondered whether there would be anyone experienced in CGT on divorce who would be willing to mentor/supervise me?

Please PM me.

Comments

• Gem7321
    Thanks @mrme89 , I've had a read of the helpsheets but hadn't seen the other two so will have a look. The main problem I have is that there is foreign property involved and I have very little knowledge in foreign tax (or if it even comes in to play?).
  • Neillaw
    Neillaw Registered Posts: 307 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    This looks well sticky - could you not bring in the expertise you require and recharge this back to your client. This means you keep the client without the headache.
  • Gem7321
    To be honest @Neillaw it's such a small fee anyway and she is close to retirement so as much as I hate to disappoint I'm not too concerned about letting this one go.
Privacy Policy