ITAX

I have my ITAX exam on halloween.

I was doing all mocks and practice and was getting 80%+

I think i may have no over studied haha and confused myself.

in a tax return when it states to EU member states do i include outside eu to? or just eu member states?

i was getting all the tax returns right, now im not!! annoyed with myself..

also when they have overpaid VAT to hmrc do i deduct this from box 1 and box 6?

why have i confused myself!!!!!

Comments

• FrancesM
    FrancesM Registered Posts: 14
    You just do EU member states. As for overpaid/underpaid. It tells you this in the resources attached to the exam under what you put in each box. I think it's just box 1 but I can't remember off the top of my head.
  • JoshJ1992
    JoshJ1992 Registered Posts: 75
    Hi Betha,
    FrancesM is right in saying that for the VAT due on acquisitions from EU member states (box 2), you enter the value of any acquisitions. You don't need to remember which countries are EU member states. As a rule of thumb, if the accounts refer to acquisitions or dispatches, they are to and from countries inside the EU, if the accounts refer to imports and exports, they are to and from countries outside of the EU.

If you have overpaid VAT to HMRC, this is you include this in box 4.

Make sure that you use the guidance provided in the exam. There are instructions under the heading "completing the VAT return". You can have the pop-up box open on screen at the same time as completing the and drag it around to that you can see the VAT return underneath. It can also be resized by clicking and dragging the 3 diagonal lines in the bottom right hand corner of the pop-up box.

Hope that helps. Good luck with your assessment.
Privacy Policy