PETH 2013 or 2016

Options
Hello,
I'm trying to complete my AAT Level 3.
I have done the first 5 modules. I'm planning to sit for PETH exams next week.
I have been given mock exams 2013 as well as 2016.
Seems that the 2016 easier than 2013.
Is it possible/acceptable to take PETH 2016 to complete my Level 3 whilst all my previous 5 modules in 2013 curriculum? Thanks

Comments

• JoshJ1992
    JoshJ1992 Registered Posts: 75
    Options
    Hi,

In order to be able to take a module under AQ2016, you would need to transfer from the AQ2013 to the AQ2016 syllabus, which I think is a little bit tricky if you are in the middle of a qualification. Remember, you have until you have until the 31st December 2017 to finish the level/qualification under AQ2013. Not all units transfer automatically over to the new qualification.

For AQ2016, there is a synoptic assessment which covers the whole qualification and also includes the spreadsheets and ethics units. The ethics and spreadsheet units do not have their own assessment under AQ2016 so the results of your spreadsheet unit will not transfer over.

I would speak to your training provider about the implications and further information can also be found here (you will need to log in using your myaat login) https://www.aat.org.uk/training/aq2016/update.

Hope that helps.
  • sdv
    sdv Registered Posts: 585 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    please be careful on your electing to take exams on AQ2016

firstly your final outcome will be pass, merit or distinction.
    your completed units from AQ2013 transfer will only be considered as pass only.

secondly there is no stand alone assessment on Ethics under AQ2016. Ethics is assessed through all units including synoptic unit (AP1, AP2, C&R, ITAX AND ETHICS)

My preference would be to take PETH exams under AQ2013 and get full competency for level 3.

some colleges may not take students at level 4 unless students have achieved merit and above as an entry criteria under AQ2016 but will allow any student who has passed AAT L3 under AQ2013

• 23LR
    23LR Registered Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello Josh & sdv,

Thank you for your advices.
    Think that I will stay with AQ2013!
    Thanks again...
Privacy Policy