ATT

amyjayne27
amyjayne27 Registered Posts: 314 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi all
Is anyone doing ATT exams? I know this is the AAT forum but I can't seem to find anything else!

Just wanted to ask how people are finding it and now today went!

Amy

Comments

• douglasstroud
    douglasstroud Registered Posts: 295 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Amy
    I sat the ATT Business Taxation paper yesterday and had a nightmare I completed part 1 ok and still had 2 hours left for part 2 but found all the computations needed in the answers too long winded and ended up running out of time.
    I had practiced on some past papers and always managed to finish well within the time limit so maybe it was just me on exam day.
    Anyway still hopeful I might have just managed a pass.
    How about you? What did you take and how did you get on?

Cheers
    Doug
  • amyjayne27
    amyjayne27 Registered Posts: 314 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Doug

That's exactly what happened to me! I just went in sheer panic mode after that, didn't have time to check my answers! I sat paper 3 today and that went much better.

Have you done paper 1 yet?

I bet you have got a pass it only takes 50% remember x
  • douglasstroud
    Hi Amy
    Business Tax is the first exam I have sat, I was planning on taking papers 1 & 3 in the May exams (and maybe a re-sit for paper 2).
    Going to order the study material for these next week but probably won't start until the new year.

What about you, have you still got to take Business Tax or do you qualify for an exemption through AAT?

Cheers
    Doug
  • jul2614
    jul2614 Registered Posts: 9
    Hi both
    I have the books for Papers 1 and 2 and had good intentions of sitting both this year, but that hasn't happened! I could get an exemption from both due to having ACCA but I'm wondering if this is just taking the easy way out?
    Would either of you recommend actually taking the exams given that Business Tax was a nightmare?!

Thanks
    Julia
  • MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368
    Hi Julia
    I didn't do paper 2 accounting principles because I had an exemption through AAT so I am not actually sure what it covers. All I can say is for the rest of the exams my accounting knowledge from AAT was sufficient. I guess if you have ACCA it would probably be a bit if a waste of time. Regarding paper 1 personal tax it really depends how far back you have studied it at ACCA level. I did business and personal tax for AAT and thought ATT covered it in much more details plus it is very practical.
    It also depends which other paper you choose. I did paper 3 business compliance and there is a fair bit of overlap with paper 1, which helped.
    Good luck with your choice. :)
  • douglasstroud
    Hi Julia
    I have not studied ACCA so not sure how much the qualification covers as far as dealing with Tax.
    As with MarieNoelle I also did AAT in personal tax and business tax and then decided to move on to ATT.
    I could not get an exemption for the business tax module as I am only an affiliate member and not a full member, but I believe even though I said I had a nightmare during the exam that I have learnt so much more over the past few months from ATT as it covers the module in far greater detail than AAT did, for me I am glad that I studied this paper just for the additional knowledge that I have gained.
    I would still recommend anyone who wishes to work with tax to take the ATT course.

Cheers
    Doug
Privacy Policy