Budgeting Marking

Hi there,

I had fun over the weekend.
I have sat for budgeting exams a couple of days ago.
Reading through the assessment guidance 2016 on AAT website, the passing mark is 70% overall.

The task 5 and 8 are the written parts, are they marked by the provider/college or by AAT assessor?

Can someone please confirm that unlike the previous years where one had apparently to have 70% in both parts the calculation (task 1 2 3 4 6 7) and written part (task 5, task 8) to pass the exam, one needs instead 70% overall ?
I'm concerned as believe that i did very well the part 1 ( task 1 2 3 4 6 7) at least 96/104 but didn't have enough time to complete part 2 (task 5, 8),
Max 8/20. Have not answered task 5 at all.
Which gives me over 70% overall.

Thanks in advance for your reply

Comments

• zebra246
    zebra246 Registered Posts: 57
    When I did mine (AQ2013) the written questions were marked by an external AAT assessor not by provider/college.

The 70% pass mark is an overall mark so you don't need 70% on the written parts to be graded as 'competent' overall.
  • Zedeldesire
    Zedeldesire Registered Posts: 13
    Thanks Zebra246. Very useful reply !!
    If one gets ''exceeded'' on 6 tasks and 2 tasks being below requirement, wold this be a 'pass'' or it depends on the actual marks gained.

Thanks!
  • zebra246
    zebra246 Registered Posts: 57

Thanks Zebra246. Very useful reply !!

If one gets ''exceeded'' on 6 tasks and 2 tasks being below requirement, wold this be a 'pass'' or it depends on the actual marks gained.

Thanks!

Rather spookily, you have just produced my Budgeting result absolutely precisely. I was graded 'competent'.
  • Zedeldesire
    Zedeldesire Registered Posts: 13
    Lool.
    Have you got ''below requirement'' on the written tasks? (Task 5 and 8) and ''exceeded'' on the 6 other tasks?
    Sorry it shold be the last question.

Many thanks Zebra246
Privacy Policy