AAT Level 4 AQ2016 - Management Accounting - Decision & Control

Hello

I have my first exam coming up on the new Syllabus based on Management account - Decision and Control it relates to Financial performance in AQ2013. There is so many Formulas to remember and so much to learn, does anyone have any tips or ways to remember the formulas?

Thank you

Comments

• JoshJ1992
    JoshJ1992 Registered Posts: 75
    Hi Sineadp
    I like to use flash cards, either or paper or you can create some electronically free on https://quizlet.com. Quizlet has a app for IOS/Android so you can look at them on your phone.

Also, make sure to practice the exams - I find that repetition helps me to remember.

Good luck.
  • Sineadp
    Sineadp Registered Posts: 67
    Thank you
  • jass83
    jass83 Registered Posts: 3
    Hi, I had my mgt decision & control exam last night. It was completely different from bpp practice paper & osborne books. I know i m going to fail. Be prepare for worse
  • hmcc92
    hmcc92 Registered Posts: 1
    hi @jass83 you say that the paper was different to the book questions. Any recommendations on where to go for question practice instead please, or areas you feel would be worth while focusing on.
    Kind Regards
  • MrsWright
    MrsWright Registered Posts: 19
    jass83 said:

Hi, I had my mgt decision & control exam last night. It was completely different from bpp practice paper & osborne books. I know i m going to fail. Be prepare for worse

I am with you on this one!! I found it very tough and I am sure I will fail but I am looking at it as a positive experience as next time I should be able to pass now I have a feel for what it is all about at level 4.
    hmcc92 said:

hi @jass83 you say that the paper was different to the book questions. Any recommendations on where to go for question practice instead please, or areas you feel would be worth while focusing on.
    Kind Regards

Being able to work backwards with the variances quickly would help immensely. Really try to understand the techniques and not just by rote learning. Time is of the essence. There just isn't enough time so being able to answer the questions with confidence and applying the techniques to any scenario will help you work your way through the time available. I didn't enjoy this exam one bit but onwards and upwards. Good Luck to anyone about to embark......
  • Sineadp
    Sineadp Registered Posts: 67
    I haven't had any more exams but I have been told this was by far the worst.

I haven't had my results back yet but mine was a definite fail. Every question in the exam was so difficult and different to how the book was giving you the questions
  • SueFW
    SueFW Registered Posts: 84
    Can anyone tell me how you work out a linear regression question with an index figure?
  • Jhawkridge
    Jhawkridge Registered Posts: 1
    I have this exam coming up, I do feel like I need to go over the content again and again to let it sink in... still not confident with it yet :/
Privacy Policy