Software Partner Program

Hello
I have recently become a Xero Partner as I rate their system however I can also see the benefits of the new 'Sage one start' as at only £6pm it is not limited to 20 transactions like 'Xero's Starter' and I want a package to offer my small sole traders. Does anyone know if you can become partners with more than one provider?
Thanks, Lucy

Comments

• TreadStone
    TreadStone Registered Posts: 280 Epic contributor 🐘
    I can't imagine any of the cloud providers turning away your cash, can you ?

I think it's a fair bet you can partner with as many as you wish :)
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Sage One was pretty poor when we last used it. IT is not obvious on the face of it though as data entry is ok. It is when you come to change entries later or review things. It then becomes painful.

Xero have partner editions of the software ledger for £2, a non-VAT cashbook for £5 and a VAT cashbook for £9 all + VAT. Ledger does not allow bank feeds but all have unlimited transactions.
    Regards,

Burg
  • Sdaeblana
    Sdaeblana Registered Posts: 6

I can't imagine any of the cloud providers turning away your cash, can you ?

I think it's a fair bet you can partner with as many as you wish :)

My thoughts too.

Though recommending clients to lots of different software providers may effect any discounts as your numbers are spread out.

• Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I'm partnered with ClearBooks, Xero, FreeAgent... the more the merrier!

I despise SageOne though. You know the year-end process doesn't work? It doesn't 'roll up' the P&L codes in the TB (unless you don't include b/fwd balances - but then your balance sheet is wrong...), and you can't journal them out manually because then your comparatives will be wrong. I raised it with their support team who had no comprehension of what I was saying but apparently it has gone to technical team.
  • TreadStone
    Gem7321 said:

I despise SageOne though. You know the year-end process doesn't work? It doesn't 'roll up' the P&L codes in the TB (unless you don't include b/fwd balances - but then your balance sheet is wrong...), and you can't journal them out manually because then your comparatives will be wrong. I raised it with their support team who had no comprehension of what I was saying but apparently it has gone to technical team.

Really ?

We are Sage One Partners but are in the very early stages and have just began to use it for bookkeeping to produce client VAT returns with a view to then producing final accounts.
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I only have one client on SageOne and completed their first year-end in November which is when I discovered it :s

I say the P&L codes but it doesn't work on the balance sheet codes either, this was a sole trader so the drawings and capital didn't 'roll up' and again to journal them out would make the comparatives wrong.

Very disappointed with it! Was fairly impressed with it until that point.
  • TreadStone
    edited February 2017
    We use Sage for everything else (except payroll) so when I received a call from a Sage One "rep" it seemed the logical choice for us so we've now taken it up based on my say-so :s

As it's still in the "phasing-in" stage, I might have a look at a couple of others before we fully commit our entire bookkeeping to it.

I'm sure plenty of other firms use it though and I've read a few promising reviews.
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    @Gem7321 - We went along using it with similar thoughts to you i.e. this all seems fine and good. Then you get to year end and all sorts of issues appear. We ditched it and quickly moved people off it.
    Regards,

Burg
  • TreadStone
    I can't imagine this will persist though. They'll lose customers left, right & centre.

Privacy Policy