Looking for new software

Hi all
I currently use VT Final accounts which I am happy with but now that HMRC are removing their facility to attache accounts etc for year ends after December 2015 I'll require new or additional software. I'm currently looking at Taxcalc and Ftax (not sure of any other) but trying to understand from other peoples views why they would still require the use of VT if the software's I've mentioned will do everything? I assume I'm missing something.

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you

Comments

• peaman
    peaman Registered Posts: 123 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I had a brief panic when I first read your post as I am using VT accounts!

However, I use Taxfiler to submit returns to HMRC which imports the accounts from VT.

I can recommend Taxfiler, it is quite cheap, cloud based, easy to use and I have never had a problem with it.

I used to use Taxcalc but I didn't get on with it. It's expensive and clunky when compared to Taxfiler.

Apparently Taxfiler can also produce accounts but I haven't used this function yet as I am used to VT.
  • AngelaC
    AngelaC Registered Posts: 4
    Thanks Peaman for your response, appreciated. I will take a look at Taxfiler as I do need to make a decision.
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    There are many, many options out there.
    Taxfiler seems good but the Accounts Production needs a fair bit of work.
    VT plus any of the various others will work well.
    We currently use Keytime for everything but since the Iris takeover thngs have started to slack. There are more updates but these seem to make little difference and its a pain to keep installing them.
    If Taxfiler Accounts Production worked effectively we would get changed now as that would only leave our payroll software as desktop and everything else cloud based.
    We are also looking at BTC for their good integration with Xero.
    Regards,

Burg
  • AngelaC
    AngelaC Registered Posts: 4
    Thanks for the information Burg, interesting to know as I do have a few clients using Xero.
  • Londina
    Londina Registered Posts: 814 Epic contributor 🐘
    burg said:

We currently use Keytime for everything but since the Iris takeover thngs have started to slack. There are more updates but these seem to make little difference and its a pain to keep installing them.

I don't know what's happened to Iris, I'm using their PTP software for final accounts and it's just a nightmare, not user friendly at all, clunky and slow! I remember IRIS to have a good reputation for their software but this is really a disappointment

Privacy Policy