accounting software exam- how to upload printings?

rafapak
rafapak Registered Posts: 26
Hi guys

When you do accounting software exam on level 2 you are supposed to upload printings and screenshots so that those files are sent to people who will mark them. Do you know what steps you should take so that everything is uploaded properly ? What to click and when ?

Comments

• JohnKCC
    JohnKCC Registered, Tutor Posts: 12
    Hello rafapak, I can only speak for Sage 50.

I would set up a folder on the desktop before you begin the exam, maybe just call Sage, then when saving all your documents save them all to the folder so at the end of the exam they are all in one place.

when viewing reports, on the horizontal top bar, there is an option 'Export' if you click on this it allows you to save the report as a PDF to any destination you want, in this case the SAGE folder on the desktop.

Don't forget to follow the instructions of naming your evidence as stated in Task 13 of the exam.

Then when it comes to uploading everything is in one place and should make it easier
  • shannonr1990
    shannonr1990 Registered Posts: 36
    So do we not have to print everything out then and hand it in to our assessor in the exam? that is what i thought it said on the practise questions, you can print stuff out but have to put your name and AAT number on each sheet? im confused now.
  • rafapak
    we will receive scenario in a folder that we are supposed to download on hard drive as far as I remember. I have exam in a couple of days but I can't do scenarios in tempos they require. I want to sit exam just for the experience. I hope when I have retake in a couple of weeks my tempos will be faster . I wonder if all of that is the matter of practice or if you can't do it, you can't do it and no matter how long you practise you will never be good at it.
  • JohnKCC
    Yes there is an option to print them, like you said with your Evidence number, name and AAT number, however I have taught my students to store digital copies to make it easier,

Yes, it really is practice, practice practice with SAGE
  • Mike Webster
    Mike Webster Registered, Tutor Posts: 203 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    If you're studying AQ2016 you MUST upload your printouts to SecureAssess - paper copies cannot be submitted by the assessment venue. It is your responsibility to upload your printouts.

No upload, no pass.
    Michael JH Webster AATQB FMAAT
  • rafapak

If you're studying AQ2016 you MUST upload your printouts to SecureAssess - paper copies cannot be submitted by the assessment venue. It is your responsibility to upload your printouts.

No upload, no pass.

Is there any tutorial on the internet about how to upload printings on SecureAssess ? We didn't spent too much time in class learning how to do it . I will google it but I don't think there are any tutorials on this subject.
  • AAT_Team
    AAT_Team Administrator Posts: 502 🤖 Admin 🤖
    @rafapak you can view our SecureAsses Information page here. There's a video an a PDF which should have everything you need there. Let us know if you need anything else.
  • JohnKCC
    Hello rafapak, the online mock on the AAT website, gives a good idea of what to expect, and you can schedule a full mock through Secureaccess to help practice this aspect.

There is a button on the screen that says, upload files, you click on that and direct it to where you have stored your evidence, and select the appropriate files, don't forget to include a full backup of Sage in there too.
  • rafapak
    JohnKCC said:

Hello rafapak, the online mock on the AAT website, gives a good idea of what to expect, and you can schedule a full mock through Secureaccess to help practice this aspect.

There is a button on the screen that says, upload files, you click on that and direct it to where you have stored your evidence, and select the appropriate files, don't forget to include a full backup of Sage in there too.

thanks for reply John. I have few questions if you don't mind
    1. I tried to log on secureaccess but my aat student number and password don't work in it. Should I register somewhere again so that I have access to secureaccess ?
    2. How do you schedule full mock through secureaccess ?
    3. Are we supposed to upload our last backup file during exam ?
    4. Let's say we are supposed to print six documents during exam. Is it possible to upload full folder with those documents or we are supposed to upload those documents separately, one by one ?
  • JohnKCC
    Hello,
    1, Only your tutor will have access to secure access he will be able to schedule a full mock.
    2, It is scheduled similar to the actual exam, except you select the mock option
    3, Yep, make a backup after you have reconciled the bank, at the end of the exam
    4, I taught my students to create a folder on the desktop, then save everything to that throughout the exam.
    then at the end you click on the UPLOAD FILES option, and it opens another screen, which you click on upload again and it allows you access to the PC, you just direct it to the folder you created and you will see all the files you have saved. Then you have to upload them one at a time, then once you have checked they are all there, you click continue, then if gives you a last chance to check the files, then upload and click finish. Saving all your documents into one place will save you time and make it much easier at the end.
  • rafapak
    JohnKCC said:

Hello,
    1, Only your tutor will have access to secure access he will be able to schedule a full mock.
    2, It is scheduled similar to the actual exam, except you select the mock option
    3, Yep, make a backup after you have reconciled the bank, at the end of the exam
    4, I taught my students to create a folder on the desktop, then save everything to that throughout the exam.
    then at the end you click on the UPLOAD FILES option, and it opens another screen, which you click on upload again and it allows you access to the PC, you just direct it to the folder you created and you will see all the files you have saved. Then you have to upload them one at a time, then once you have checked they are all there, you click continue, then if gives you a last chance to check the files, then upload and click finish. Saving all your documents into one place will save you time and make it much easier at the end.

thanks for reply John. During exam when we don't have too much time, we enter data into sage and there are also details of the transaction to put into cells. It might take a lot of time to write details-description- for every transaction. Do you think we should ignore describing our transactions during exam as this might take a lot of time ?
  • JohnKCC
    My honest opinion as a person, is to ensure you do fill those descriptions in as if you have to correct anything in order to reconcile the bank, those descriptions really help.

There is also the mark weighting, for example Task 3, the entering of nominal balances and renaming the nominal codes, is a tough time consuming task, but will give around 20 marks, whereas the all the printouts only give around 5 marks.

So before you decide to leave stuff out, check the marks for the question.
  • rafapak
    thanks for reply
Privacy Policy