Tax For Professionals

Hi Everyone

I keep getting requests through the post to sign up for a £197 a year subscription and what you get in return doesn't seem too bad.

Has anybody subscribed to TFP?

Thanks

EW
FMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant and CIMA finalist

Comments

• Enterprise_Warrior
    Enterprise_Warrior Registered Posts: 77
    Not sure. Didn't see a brand on the material.
  • Enterprise_Warrior
    It's the one where you get a tablet included and a tax saving guide and a few other things.
  • Bertie
    Bertie Registered Posts: 376
    Tax Adviser is a good magazine.

In fairness they will only supplement what you already know.

The better choice is to join the ATT, learn how to read the legislation and receive a regular copy of Tax Adviser which is included in your subs.
  • Enterprise_Warrior
    Just looked on the site and it is Indicator. http://lite.indicator.co.uk/taxpro/home.php

Bertie - Does the magazine provide advice on saving tax?
  • MarieNoelle
    MarieNoelle Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,368

Bertie - Does the magazine provide advice on saving tax?

A subscription to Ross Martin http://www.rossmartin.co.uk/ may be what you are after - lots of guides, checklist, tax advice etc..
    The annual sub is not cheap though, but you can have a look at the free content to give you an idea.
  • Enterprise_Warrior
    Thanks. Will have a look later.
  • Bertie
    Bertie Registered Posts: 376
    It covers all sorts of subjects.

The best way to save tax is to ensure all reliefs are being claimed and also to make sure you're not claiming what you shouldn't.

With all businesses being different it is hard to find a one size that fits all.

• burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    The content is not too bad and some of it pretty useful. However they are a nightmare to deal with and near on impossible to cancel. I would use something like Nicola Ross Martin.
    Regards,

Burg
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I signed up to indicator and they are now trying to get me to sign up to tax professional. I like the bite-size articles just to refresh a few things but I wouldn't pay full price and I don't think I'll be signing up for professional.

I have had some trouble with them signing me up for things I didn't ask for then sending me an invoice! But a quick phone call and it's rectified almost immediately.
Privacy Policy