Experiences with NEST and other auto-enrolment providers

Options
Rozzi Rainbow
Rozzi Rainbow Registered Posts: 465 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Hi all

Does anyone have any positive or negative experiences with either NEST or other providers they are willing to share? We only have experiences with NEST and they seem to be making things as difficult as possible! We are interested to know if any other providers are more user-friendly.

We have so far set up two clients with NEST without any major problems (small problems we've just put down to the learning experience). We now have another client where we are experiencing great difficulties with NEST. Our organisation has an online account with NEST where we can register clients, but each client is allocated to a specific individual in our office, depending on who normally runs their payroll. This is ok when that said person is in, but when they only work part time or are off for other reasons NEST won't talk to anyone else from our office!! We think it should be like HMRC where anyone from our office can ring up about any of our clients. (Wow, something good I'm actually saying about HMRC!)

Our newest pensions client wants to bring her staging date forward, and it seems we have to jump through a load of hoops to do that - going between NEST and The Pensions Regulator. After waiting for the designated person from our office to be in today to ring them, we then had to give them every single piece of information they already hold about our client (from when we originally registered her) before they could do anything! We now have to wait for them to consider whether she can bring her staging date forward.

This is all new to us and our clients, most of whom don't want anything to do with pensions and just expect us to sort it all out for them, yet NEST don't seem to be making it easy for us at all. You'd think when this is something the government now expect everyone to do they should be making it as easy as possible to administer, and encourage those who want to to start early.

Comments

• shamil91
    shamil91 Registered Posts: 94 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi,

Have your tried to speak to The peoples pension they are a workplace pension provider aswell. From my point of view I have not really used or been in touch with either so wouldnt be able to comment on the usability.

Hope this kind of helps you out

KInd regards

Shamil Karia
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    We have not done any yet as we tend to avoid payrolls. However we have one we are just in the process of getting started and they have appointed these - http://www.creativeautoenrolment.co.uk/accountantspayroll

If all goes well it may be something we look to roll out to all our others
    Regards,

Burg
  • shamil91
    shamil91 Registered Posts: 94 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    There are many providers out there but as of yet for myself not had a chance to try them out yet as unfortunately not working at the moment.

Kind regards

Shamil
  • chrisedwards
    chrisedwards Registered Posts: 1
    Options
    There are many providers out there and some of then are good and some are not. Yes, I have heard about recommend a supplier. They also Provide auto-enrolment pension and have good services.
  • Bmer82
    Bmer82 Registered Posts: 69
    Options
    for the companies I look after through shared services we use nest and nowpensions. if we had our time again I wouldnt touch now pensions with a barge pole as the never collect the right amount and the system is a pain in the rear as you can never get a straight answer when something inevitably goes wrong. funnily enough we havent had any issues with our small nest scheme and have been able to set up designated users so different members of the team can talk to them.
  • Bertie
    Bertie Registered Posts: 376
    Options
    A workplace pension set up by HM Government - what could possibly go wrong....
  • Sue
    Sue Registered Posts: 217 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    burg said:

We have not done any yet as we tend to avoid payrolls. However we have one we are just in the process of getting started and they have appointed these - http://www.creativeautoenrolment.co.uk/accountantspayroll

If all goes well it may be something we look to roll out to all our others

Good luck with Creative, you are likely to need it. I have a client who has been with them since the beginning of 2015 and it has been nothing but problems. I think my clients were possibly one of their first smaller business clients as they did not have a clue what they were doing when the scheme first started and they still make mistakes now, we watch what they are doing each month very closely. They have also had a high turnover of staff which doesn't help.
Privacy Policy