Looking for experienced mentor who would share my income fees on a 50/50 basis

Claire Platts
Claire Platts Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
I am looking for an experienced accountant to work with as a mentor to myself. I am happy to share my income fees so I feel this would suit an experienced accountant who is looking to boost their current income and would like to share their knowledge & experience. I am level 4 qualified and licensed in some areas. I have been asked on numerous occasions to carry out work for potential clients but due to lack of experience and knowledge I have had to decline. I feel that I can build up a good client base and would be happy to share my income fees on a 50/50 basis. I understand that it can take many years to build up experience & knowledge so I am looking for a long term relationship. If you feel that this is something which you could help with please get in touch asap. Many thanks, Claire

Comments

• Bertie
    Bertie Registered Posts: 376
    I'd suggest lowering that proportion for a start.

• Claire Platts
    Thank you for your input, what would you suggest please?
  • Bertie
    Bertie Registered Posts: 376
    Where are you based? What is it you need help with?
  • Claire Platts
    Hi Mick

Thank you very much for your input. I understand that some work may just need a little input and other work may need a lot of input so I thought that 50% would be fair amount to offer across all work and save any complications, the more I learn from the mentor will mean less work for them but as mentioned I am looking for a long term relationship and would like to make it worth their while.

Many thanks
  • Neillaw
    Neillaw Registered Posts: 307 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I have an agreement with my mentor that we both charge our time to the client on our standard charge out rates and then the profit is split 50/50.
    This means that both of our time is charged and we both have a slice of the profit, this works both ways as I've introduced clients to him and he's brought me in to do some of the leg work on his clients.
Privacy Policy