How long should you study for ATT before taking an exam, no background of tax and accounting

Hi, i have been studying for about a month for personal tax, i am struggling with it. How long do people usually study for it with no accounting or tax background?

Comments

• Bertie
    Bertie Registered Posts: 376
    To pass the exam, or to absorb the knowledge?

Have you already completed AAT? If so did you take the tax modules?

What parts are you finding difficult?
  • BeccaLouJ9
    BeccaLouJ9 Registered Posts: 896 Epic contributor 🐘
    halli said:

Hi, i have been studying for about a month for personal tax, i am struggling with it.

A month probably isn't long enough, especially if you are struggling with it.
    halli said:

How long do people usually study for it with no accounting or tax background?

I can't answer that, but you should just take as long as it takes to learn everything and know it well. The exams are very hard and shouldn't be underestimated. If you aren't ready by the next sitting, then don't do it. Wait until the sitting afterwards.

Good luck.

B
  • Bertie
    This annoys me too.

People ask questions then never reappear to respond.

Grrrr.

• BeccaLouJ9
    He is obviously busy, the ATT exams should be around now....
  • Bertie
    Ah yes, today infact.
  • halli
    halli Registered Posts: 2
    edited May 2017
    Thank you for your reply, it is a lot of ground to cover under a month. Lets see what the result is.
  • Bertie
    A month?

No chance.

• BeccaLouJ9
    Good luck, I hope it went well.
  • douglasstroud
    douglasstroud Registered Posts: 295 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi
    How did you find the exam?
    I hear that everyone who sat the Personal Tax paper had the same problem as we had at our exam centre in that the middle part was the Inheritance Tax paper, scared the life out of me during the 15minute reading time until everyone realised there had been a mistake and we had to wait for the right papers to be emailed by ATT
Privacy Policy